Support Forums

Full Version: Sooo, my education depends on the test I'm having next week.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I live in Australia, in NSW, and if you live there, you'll know something called the "Selective Test". I'm currently in Year 8 (8th Grade) and I know my Maths is good, but my English isn't great. When I say English, I mean my vocabulary, the word bank in my head, I don't understand those big or unique words that well. But my grammar, punctuation and spelling is quite good. I don't know how to learn words quickly, but I know reading the dictionary is too hard for me, I'm really desperate, so I'm gonna try the Flashcards from Dictionary.com ROFL. Someone please tell me how to improve quickly!

EDIT: OMFG SO HAPPY I MADE IT! THANKS GUYS Big Grin
Have you tried asking your school if they could give you some extra lessons maybe after school?
Just take your time and concentrate while doing the flashcards.

If you say them over and over, you'll eventually have them stuck in your head.
Okay Bad Meets Evil. Thanks for the help. And to the first poster, my current school is REALLY REALLY REALLY bad, and they won't help me at all. That's why I want to change schools so badly.
Man, I would be happy if my school didn't help me. I just can't stand someone standing over you looking at your work.

It just ticks me off and makes me wanna throw the paper. I hate teachers.
Dang... I have ADD so I can legally take the medicine I am prescribed. It works and is amazing. Just make sure you study and do flash cards. Also get good sleep.
I don't know if this will help you, but when I was younger, the way I used to remember how to spell "Because" was:

[B]ig [E]lephants [C]an [A]nnoy [U]s [S]mall [E]lephants.
(07-25-2011, 02:52 AM)630 Wrote: [ -> ]Dang... I have ADD so I can legally take the medicine I am prescribed. It works and is amazing. Just make sure you study and do flash cards. Also get good sleep.

Yeah I do too, do you take those blue tablets that after like 30minutes make you sleep forever? LOL. Good times.
What I do when I need to learn words is to make some flash cards and i can knock out about 1 a minute. You can probably go to a bookstore and find vocab flashcards for said test.
Okay guys, thanks for the help, I've been studying flashcards, and getting ready for the test which is tomorrow morning, wish me luck!
(07-29-2011, 12:34 AM)ONeShoT Wrote: [ -> ]Okay guys, thanks for the help, I've been studying flashcards, and getting ready for the test which is tomorrow morning, wish me luck!

good luck, I hope that the flashcards do you well and you get a good score on the test.
Pages: 1 2