Support Forums

Full Version: Post Exchange Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I don't really know GFX I decided to do all the thread bars background, basically everything in CSS without using images. Tell me what you think.

http://postexchange.info
Personally, it's horrible, you can't start off with that many forums before you have a decent amount of members, and for all that exchanging, I don't think it would be that popular in my opinion. It's like a General forum, but mostly on exchange.

I haven't seen people have much luck with 100 members and even 3/4 of the number of forum topics you have already

Also you don't use a favicon on the site along with the other in your signature, which I would recommend
(07-18-2011, 06:22 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, it's horrible, you can't start off with that many forums before you have a decent amount of members, and for all that exchanging, I don't think it would be that popular in my opinion. It's like a General forum, but mostly on exchange.

I haven't seen people have much luck with 100 members and even 3/4 of the number of forum topics you have already

Also you don't use a favicon on the site along with the other in your signature, which I would recommend

Well I opened the site yesterday so it needs to be filled with topics. The thing about it is, it is a service/exchange. People are not going to be going their to discuss crap, they will want to go their to exchange posts and get down to business. Once I start getting targetted traffic in the keywords I build for, I am sure the forums will fill up.

I cbf to add favicon atm, it is not really that big of a deal.
They will fill up, but I guarantee you'll have a faster and easier time doing that with less forum topics. It's not difficult to generalize topics, and combine two together by changing the forum titles and descriptions where necessary to allow the content of say two topics to be posted in one topic/forum area.

It's not hard to get some content, but that's not entirely my idea behind suggesting lesser numbers in forum areas here.

1) Who wants to join a forum when they see "0" for threads/posts on a forum area? (or lots of them?)
Solution/Getaround: You generalize topics to increase those numbers to higher levels to make it look like you get more activity. You can have 100 posts on your forum, but if you have 100 forum areas, and that number was "1" all the way around the board for each forum area, it looks discouraging for registrants, than if you had say 4 or 5 forum areas, with "20"-"25" as that number instead. Think about it logically.

Favicon's are a bigger deal than most beginner webmasters realize. I'm saying that through experience.

And now for the positive to your site: I haven't seen this idea before, and unique ideas have more potential to go "big" than the more common ideas out there in a webmaster's world. So i'm interested to see how you utilize this advantage. Now it's just up to you and dedication to keep this idea going and grow into something big. That's as much as I have to say for now.
Yes, let the members use the "Suggestions" section if they wont something added, having a forum start out with a ton of section like that makes it look bad when members sign up and see, "0 0" all over the place. They want an active forum.
I took some advice and changed it a bit.
Starting to look decent to me Smile The theme i'm not crazy about, but now you can get a favicon and start attracting some members there, while you upgrade the site along the way.
(07-20-2011, 12:36 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Starting to look decent to me Smile The theme i'm not crazy about, but now you can get a favicon and start attracting some members there, while you upgrade the site along the way.

I am not really too worried about traffic right now. Once I decide to devote some time in getting organic traffic from google then I will worry. Tongue