Support Forums

Full Version: New sig. -[RATE]-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there, I have been messing around with a hell of a lot of stuff for the past couple of hours. And in the end I have made an attempt at a sketch style sig.

As you can tell by now, I am a Manchester United supporter.

Here it is:
[Image: hernandezsketch-1.png]

CnC is welcome.
I would give it a 8/10. The idea of coloring is great and you used the colors very well.
I like how it looks overall but i think you should make the pencils on the left a bit smaller. I saw you posted this before on HackForums as well.
But I'll give it a 9/10. Good job man.
I like it pretty much, but I think you should remove the pencils in the left corner.
7/10.
The pencils in the bottom left throw the whole thing off, because they become out of focus the farther back into z-space they go. To make them seem correct, you'd have to put a blur on everything behind those pencils (which would make 95% of your picture completely blurred out).

I can see where you're going with the "coloring in" type effect, but I think it would be much more effective if you hardened up the edge of the color a bit. If it were actually being colored in, it wouldn't fade out like that (unless you were using watercolors or something, but if that were the case, the paint also would bleed out beyond the lines of the guy).

My one last critique, is the drop shadow on the hand. In order for the drop shadow to look realistic, you're going to have to paint it in by hand instead of using the drop shadow layer style. Reason being is, there are different levels of height in the hand... for instance, there should be just a tiny bit of shadow underneath the pinky, and it should be very close to the pinky, and a have a pretty sharp edge (because it is resting on the surface). Where as the shadow from the paintbrush should be much further away and less sharp (because it's farther away from the surface).

Overall, I think it looks pretty good. Work on those things a bit, and I think you'll have a pretty solid signature Big Grin
I agree the pencils do throw it off but if they weren't it there it would be very blank. And you should add more of a colored pencil scribble on the jersey instead of a blotch of red.
Very very very nice sig.
9/10

Luv ya Smile
Decent, and very creative look, I did something similar with a color painted effect with Fragma's old logo contest a long time ago.

[Image: idN6OM.png]

I'd rate this a good solid 8/10 no doubt, nothing special, but not a lot wrong with it either, so I can't criticize and take off points for a lot here.
It's creative and unique, which I like. I'll give it a 7/10 overall.
I quite like it, it's simple but nice.
Glad to hear you support a proper team. Big Grin
Maybe change the brush in the hand to one similar to the ones of the left.
Pages: 1 2