Support Forums

Full Version: Holiday Homework Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, this isn't some clever thread about your English homework involving alliteration.

Many of us, including myself, have work to do over the holiday, and perhaps you also dread failing to getting around to it all - I have a handy suggestion that may be of assistance!

First of all, set a target for how many hours of homework/revision you wish to do over your break. Remember to be realistic and honest with yourself; if you aren't a particularly hard worker, setting a goal of 26 hours isn't going to do any good. Don't be to much of a slacker either, though. I have faith in your judgement!

Next, go nick a sheet of paper from your Dad's printer and keep it by your desk, or wherever you work. In fact, a notepad document will even do.

The last piece of equipment you need is a timer - they are everywhere, your phone, your computer, your watch.

Now that you have your goal in mind, your recording set and your timer sidekick you are ready to get through all that homework. Simply start your timer when you sit down to get some work off the list, and stop it when you finish working. Once you have finished your session, right down (or type up, of course) the time you spent.

Keep track of all your time spent cracking on, and before you know it you will be reaching your target and realizing that stuff is actually getting done.

The best part? Getting work out the way feels absolutely fantastic. I'm no bookworm or teachers pet, but it's a lot easier to enjoy your break with the knowledge that you are steadily getting things done, or already have them ticked off.

So, good luck guys. Hopefully all SupportForums students will get back to a pleasantly surprised set of teachers who are amazed that you were one of the few pupils who got all their work done!

P.S Working in the morning, as soon as you get up, is the best time to settle some scores. Have a go at it, you'll feel a lot more optimistic through-out the day knowing you have done something useful.

Take care guys, best of luck with your studies. [Image: smiley-wink.png]
Thanks for the guide will surely help. Smile
Thank you for this, I have two book assignments and three writing assignments over the summer. It's going to be hell, but I'll try to stick to a plan.
Holiday? It's summer bro, where have you been?