Support Forums

Full Version: Need to lose weght before school FAST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright, so basically I want to look decent before I go back to school. I'll admit that I'm moderately obese. I'm 15 and weigh in at about 169 pounds (yes, 169 US pounds) and I'm 5'5. I have about 3 weeks till school is here.

At the moment I'm willing to do almost anything to slim down, that isn't associated with Bulimia or any of that type. I just need something fast.

I don't really have a set goal, but I'm just looking for a realistic estimate of how much weight I can lose in 30 days.

-thanks
What are you trying to gain here? muscle? or are you just trying to lose weight because there are different ways to go about this depending on what results you want.
Eliminate all of your lethargic activities (computer, internet, TV, video games). Don't do any sort of art or writing either...or reading. You're fifteen. If you ban yourself from stationary activities, I think you'll find yourself wanting to go outside to do something physical...out of boredom, if nothing else.

It's summer, after all. So it can't be the weather that's holding you back. Make exercise and play your top priority and your teenage body will do the rest.

Realistically, if you do what I'm saying, and you cut out junk food, etc., (anything that's wrapped or packaged or pre-cooked) -- you can expect to lose 5 lbs. in a month safely. If you really hoof it, you might be able to double that and shave off 10 lbs. Anything more, though, and you'll start to endanger your body. 15 lbs. is the absolute max. That's half a pound per day and frankly, I've never seen someone surpass that.
Realistically 3 weeks isn't enough to cut a lot of weight.
I think basic exercise and eating right will help you lose maybe 5 pounds or so. Don't expect drastic change though..
(07-15-2011, 12:08 AM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]Realistically 3 weeks isn't enough to cut a lot of weight.
I think basic exercise and eating right will help you lose maybe 5 pounds or so. Don't expect drastic change though..

Yea, pretty much... It takes a lot of serious exercise and willpower to lose more than 5 lbs. in three weeks. Unfortunately, a person's body can't lose weight much faster than it can put it on. Most people don't become obese overnight; by the same token, a person can't become skinny unless they dedicate a very long time period to the effort.
Weird.. because I've lost 7 lbs in one day before.
Go to a gym, eat healthy and don't sit infront of a computer 24/7.
Here's my advice.. eat healthy, hit up a gym, and run your ass off pretty much if you want a work out schedule that I use and get pretty good results from PM me.
Go for early morning runs, even when school starts keep doing them. The other ting is having a healthy diet. Don't eat fried foods or fast food and eliminate snacks between meals. If you wan't to gain muscle and can't go to a gym just do sets of 50 push ups and sit ups a couple times a day.
You could lose up to 8 in a month, more or less depending on what you do. Losing more than 1 pound per week isn't recommended by most health advisers, but it's not dangerous if you eat and exercise right. Jog a set distance on the mile every day, with breaks here and there. Limit your intake of cokes (everything from Pepsi, Dr Pepper, ect). You should only drink diet cokes, since these have 0 cals and 0 sugars in comparison. Don't eat fries, those are very bad for you if you're trying to lose weight. Don't overdo it though, you'll psyche yourself out. Ease into it and get motivated.
Pages: 1 2 3