Support Forums

Full Version: I am interested in learning how to create indie games for the xbox 360
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am interested in learning how to create indie games for the xbox 360

If you want to make Indie Games for the Xbox 360 you need, Visual Studio [express edition is fine it's free] [1] you also need the Microsoft XNA developer suite [2] which is used for making Games on the Xbox 360, Phone 7, Windows and Zune devices.

You'll also need to know how to program in C# as that is the language of choice for XNA. I recommend this book [3] to learn C# - Sams Teach Yourself the C# Language in 21 Days - you don't need to learn everything about C# in fact doing so would hinder you, you just need to learn the basic concepts and how it works, the XNA framework takes C# and builds upon it and holds its own quirks.

You should also check out the Microsoft App Hub [4] [formerly XNA creators club] which holds most of the relevant tools and documentation and tutorials you will need to get started and the Xbox developer centre [5]

Finally if you want a textbook approach then I would also recommend you read [6] Learning XNA. Although I would note this book is aimed at beginners to XNA and Xbox Development and if you are not a beginner you will find it irritating.

[Image: keira_knightley_chanel1.jpg]
china wholesale
iphone case
smart phone
You have to get accepted to become a developer, which isn't easy.
XNA creators club is one of the greatest things I have seen in a long time, easy tutorial, easy coding C# , and easy money.
If you do a quick search for Aerospace you'll find that Bungie the creators of the Halo franchise have started to set up their own kind of XNA.
You first have to get an XNA account which cost $99 for an year but you can get one for free.