Support Forums

Full Version: Closed myself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I live in my home town for 12 years before moving to another country. In those 12 years, I have made 20+ friends, but after I moved to another country, I only made six friends. I went back to my home town every summer. Now, I found myself not willing to meet those friends. I always afraid that we won't able to take much because Most of my friends have a different interest as I am. So how should I solve this?
The problem above also cause me to use my computer a lot. I just get onto the Internet, learn things (mostly learn nothing). Making myself think that I'm addicited to the Internet.
Just meet up with them and force yourself to talk about things. After a while it will just come naturally to you and you won`t have any problems.
Find new friends that pertain to your interests. It's never bad to find those whom are diverse to you. You can learn new things about different things or stuff about yourself you didn't know you could do.
Try and talk to them again.
Maintaining connections is always a good thing to do. With you being in a different country, establishing constant connection is even more critical. If you email your friends, Skype, OovoO, MSN, etc. with them a lot, it won't feel so weird when you see them in person.
(07-13-2011, 06:12 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]Maintaining connections is always a good thing to do. With you being in a different country, establishing constant connection is even more critical. If you email your friends, Skype, OovoO, MSN, etc. with them a lot, it won't feel so weird when you see them in person.

You could do that as well as spark a conservation remembering the good old days, referring to the days you guys used to hang out and have a laugh about how you guys had fun and stuff. Ask what they've been up to and stuff like that. Should work out. Best of luck!
Try to talk to them again, things might be a little uncomfortable at first but conversation comes naturally after a while, plus you know that you can get along with these people as they were once friends of yours.
Why do you feel obligated to maintain friendships with people you don't really have an interest in anymore?
Talk to them again? Did you try searching them up on facebook? I've gotten in connection with some of my old friends through facebook.
Thanks for the advices. I have them on Facebook, but because of the time differences, I won't able to chat with them. ( I'll try to send e-mails ).
Pages: 1 2