Support Forums

Full Version: The Most Important Concept: Being Open Minded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Taken from GenWebs.net - Webmaster, Technology, and Advertising Blog

This is one thing a lot of forum owners, blog owners, website owners, etc do NOT do. And that thing is being open minded. When you are given a sincere suggestion, think about it with all you got. What are the pros, what are the cons? Why would it help? Would it hurt my site? Ask these questions, if they bring up valid points why not consider it? Being open minded is the best choice you could ever make. When you accept people's sincere suggestions right there you have a new member/visitor that will stay on your site. They know you care.

I went on a forum, cForums and I thought "hey this site is decent let me check it out." There was a lot wrong with it, and I offered solutions to fix it. But then I found another issue...their administrator Auth. He is very close minded and does a lot of things for the money. Sure, people like money..but he does it in the wrong ways. He also copied another big forum's content/information/rules verbatim and refused to change them. Go look at their board, study the admin, study the board. On your site, <b>do the opposite.</b> This is not a personal attack on the owner, I could care less about that. Just helping you guys know what NOT to do.

Stay inspired, open minded owners are the best kind of owners.
I've read your thread word-by-word, and I'll have to say I absolutely agree. The reason to not being open-minded is probably because of the content. The see that others like that kind of content and hope to have the same amount of activity. Though the thing is - members look for diversity. Content they haven't seen elsewhere. Many of the newer so called "webmasters" are not open-minded and are lazy. They do not care to create new ways of keeping activity and keeping the visitors drooling.

cForums - I'll have to agree on it as well.
Same content as HackForums. Badly designed. The other tabs are not visible - making it look like a general forum even more. The first tab looks exactly like HackForums, but less professional. I am seeing a lot of copied content from other forums on newer forums. From forums/designs, all the way to names and descriptions.
Thanks for your input Diction!
Being open-minded is good, but another thing is on the member's part. They have to realize that in the end it's still up to the admin on how they run the site. Being too forceful with suggestions gets annoying, and sometimes there are also reasons why they are not considered, even if they have positives. Priorities also take the rule over which suggestions are considered, and as to when they are considered, based on numerous other things
Being open minded, and having a non bias opinion are good qualities to have.
(07-24-2011, 04:21 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Being open-minded is good, but another thing is on the member's part. They have to realize that in the end it's still up to the admin on how they run the site. Being too forceful with suggestions gets annoying, and sometimes there are also reasons why they are not considered, even if they have positives. Priorities also take the rule over which suggestions are considered, and as to when they are considered, based on numerous other things
Wow Ace didn't know you were on sf!
(07-24-2011, 08:08 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Ace didn't know you were on sf!

lol i've always been here, I think it's the name you don't recognize from me.

-"Infinity"
-"Unleashed"
-"Ace"
What?!?! Man I gotta stay updated..I didn't even realize you owned TLF.
(07-24-2011, 08:51 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]What?!?! Man I gotta stay updated..I didn't even realize you owned TLF.

You run your own blog i'm sure staying updated will become a better habit for you soon enough lol Smile
(07-24-2011, 10:42 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]You run your own blog i'm sure staying updated will become a better habit for you soon enough lol Smile

Haha I meant updated with your name changes. Roflmao

Would you be interested in a link exchange of sorts?
Pages: 1 2