Support Forums

Full Version: BlackChaos interviews Sam, Current Staff Member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: interviewsheader.png]

Today, I decided to ask Sam for an interview, and it turned out better than planned.

BlackChaos: So Sam, what made you join Support Forums all those years ago?

Sam: I found the site advertised in a header announcement on Hack Forums, I clicked the link and never looked back.

BlackChaos: Awesome. So tell us a little bit about yourself. What do you do for a living?

Sam: I'm 18 and I live on the south coast of England. I currently work as a IT support technician, specializing mainly in Microsoft Windows 7, XP, Vista and server products.

I enjoy sports such as Football (soccer), Rugby, Tennis and I love to game, specifically the Counter-Strike series.

BlackChaos: Counter strike and Football? Now that's nice. So what do you do when you're off the clock?

Sam: Off the clock as in not working? Well I spend allot of time online, mainly Support Forums. Post around and talking with friends.

I also pursue my own online projects, many are in development at the moment. I always try to keep myself busy.

Oh and of course I like to relax with a couple of beers and a cigarette Smile

BlackChaos: Well, thats intriguing. Would you like to explain a little bit more about one of your projects?

Sam: I'm working on a thing I call "EDS" and a MyBB plugin for the private messaging system.

That's all I'll say on that point Smile

BlackChaos: Mysterious. Smile We also heard on the wire that your forum ZiesWeb is up and about. Would you mind explaining what its about and why you thought of making such a site?

Sam: I've set up and run numerous projects in the past, none of which have had much success but with Zies Web, I put allot of effort and time into the site with a custom theme and other layout aspects.

I wanted to create a community dedicated to web development and design, I know it's not an original idea but I'm happy with the way it's going at the moment.

BlackChaos: Originality is only a misconception of the mind. What matters is the work you put into it and that really shows. A link to Sam's new forum will be present at the end of the interview.
So, back to SF. What do you do behind the scenes of this place?

Sam: I do quite a bit "behind the scenes" I suppose , it's mainly just dealing with reported posts, bans, warnings and of course there is always a nice stack of PM's waiting for me when I get home from work Smile

I suppose the only evidence you guys see of what I do out of public view is the bans page. But there's more to it than just banning a member and I wouldn't give this position up for anything. I like to help people as the leader of the EH group so this is the ultimate honor really.

BlackChaos: Woah. Almost forgot. You're the leader of our group. Big Grin
Mind sharing a few words on how the group is progressing so far?

Sam: I'm really happy with the EH group and how it has progressed since it's creation. We're by far the most active group with the most members by quite a way. I think we're getting close to 50 members.

The user support is fantastic and I really appreciate all the work the EH members put in to supporting the community. You've all kept up a friendly and mature image and I'm proud to be your leader.

Speaking of leaders, there might be a few revelations coming this week so keep an eye out in the private group forum Whistle

BlackChaos: Well there's that mysterious nature once again. So, lets wrap things up. Is there any message or words of wisdom you would like to give to the members of the forum?

Sam: I think the members here have far more wisdom than me and I respect you all. Thanks for making SF the great place it is today. We're a fantastic HQ community.

Thank you BC for the interview, and I hope the readers enjoy it.

Have a good one all!

BlackChaos: Thanks for taking the time out to have this interview Sam. Keep doing what you do best. Smile

Chaos out.

Check out Sam's new forum Zies Web
[Image: ziesweb.png]
Nice interview dude. Nice to hear on of SF's celebs having an interview and seeing their point of view and thinking. Smile
I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. Smile
Me and Sam had a lot of fun doing the interview.
Well thought questions, quick and quirky.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, the both of you.
Great interview guys! You asked some very good questions there BlackChaos.

I hope to see more interviews from you in the future. Smile
Nice interview indeed, both seem like pretty decent guys.
Thanks for the great feedback guys Big Grin
Now that I'm confident with the interview's success, I'll be posting another interview very soon.
I hope to interview and get to know some more SF veterans. Smile
You need to get the top HQ members. Not just staff Smile
Sheesh. How am I supposed to interview myself? Omg

JK, I do plan on interviewing the most HQ members on the forum. Smile

lars90

haha nice Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3