Support Forums

Full Version: Easily use a PC monitor to play PS3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is kinda for newbs. It is just something that I had saved on my computer. Thought I would post it.

You can buy an adapter to use your monitor to play PS3. You will need: VIDEO: one vga or dvi adapter and one a regular hdmi cable with male ends. SOUND: a sound system that accepts male rca plugs from your PS3, or a simple female-to-female rca adapter for sound, and a male rca-to-stereo headphone jack to hookup to external speakers. Some flatscreen PC monitors have dvi or vga outputs. Just make sure to buy the correct gender adapter. For example if the end of your monitor cord (the end that plugs into your PC) has a dvi male end, you'll need a female dvi-to-female hdmi adapter (you can buy one here from a store called blue proton.http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Research-...6&sr=1-134

For sound, as stated above, you'll need a sound system which accepts your PS3 red/white sound jacks. Otherwise, for externally powered small speakers you'll need a female-to-female rca adapter .
You might find these sound adapters at a dollar store, they are common.

The headphone jack is seen here
[Image: image.jpg]
Once you have these items, go into the audio/video setting in the PS3 menu and set it up to use it's hdmi output and the rca sound output. Then, use the adapters; hook up your red & white sound rca cords to It does work well and for more info check out some you tube vids. Try searching for "Connect PS3 to LCD monitor" After looking at a few videos and google image searches, you might find other adapters that combine the sound adapters like female-to-headphone jack, or something better for your specific monitor or sound setup.

Or your computer might just have a HDMI port.