Support Forums

Full Version: myBB HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to change my forum so in order to see anything on it, you must have a login, but the logins will be controlled by me so no one can sign up unless i state they can, as in closed registration, so when you hit my domain its literally a login page and non users cant see any topics ect. anyone with any advice i would be greatful. cheers.

Like this; http://www.thevitanova.org/punbb/index.php

NOTE; i know its a different forum type. but thats generally what i want. but on myBB!
Don't you already have it so you must be logged in to see anything? I don't what you're asking here.
You need to disable guest being able to view the board and require approval over registrations. I will set it up over TemViewer if need be.
(07-06-2011, 10:26 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]You need to disable guest being able to view the board and require approval over registrations. I will set it up over TemViewer if need be.

Ive got the permissions for the guest i just cant find the approval of registration. add my aim; raz@wow.com - go to teamviewer from there if you can. cheers.
PM me your TV details within the next ten minutes and I'll help you. Reply to this thread so you can send a PM. (You need 10 posts)

Thanks.
I was offline. il have to catch you again sometime when your free.
(07-06-2011, 11:11 AM)rlogin Wrote: [ -> ]Ive got the permissions for the guest i just cant find the approval of registration.

ACP > Configuration > Settings > User Registration and Profile Options > Registration Method

Set this setting to "Administrator activation".
Just set it so that guest can't see anything and then set it so you have to activate all the accounts when they register.
Shouldn't be to hard to do, good luck.