Support Forums

Full Version: Black Ops Zombies strategy:Ascension. Original strategy guide by Zeon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd have wanted to post this on HF but my account is currently waiting a password reset, so I'll post it here instead. What strategies to you use for Black Ops Zombies? I'm an avid Zombie player so I'll post mine. This is entirely made by me and I'll guarantee you won't find it elsewhere (unless I post this on HF afterwards). I use it whenever the circumstances allow it. For optimum results, you should communicate with the other players and make them cooperate; this is best done with friends. For Ascension:

Round 1: Shoot 6-7 times & knife

Round 2: Shoot 8-9 times & knife; let the zombies out if ammo is needed.

Round 3: Shoot 13-14 times & knife; let the zombies out if ammo is needed.

Round 4: Zombies will probably start to come out steadily now, so don't let them out of the windows; you should have ammo by now anyway. Otherwise, knife and use grenades if it gets out of hands.

Round 5: Open the upstairs window; ideally the player with less points should do this. Do NOT buy the MP5K off the wall; it has low ammo and a relatively high price. Save the money for the random box. Wait until the next two doors are opened; the player with most points should open the 1250 one and another play should open the 1000 one. Make a crawler and kill the rest of the zombies.

At this point it is important to determine the role of each team member. My strategy consists of four different roles than than the team members randomly killing zombies. These are Explosive Expert, Medic, Special Arms and of course the Team Leader. Depending on which you are assigned, follow the guide accordingly. I normally play the Explosive Expert so that part will be described in more detail.

Take turns opening the random box;each member of the gang should aim for the following items:

Medic: Ballistic Knife/Thudergun/Crossbow (choose two). A Gersch Device is also *very* nice to get.

Explosive expert: M72 LAW/China Lake. The M72 is preferred by the author of this guide, but if you're good with the China Lake then go for it. Take care to preserve your original M1911, because later on it will be Pack-a-Punched and turned into one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Special Arms: Raygun/Thundergun. Go for the top!

Team Leader: Anything goes! Aim for whatever you deem fit.

Tip: If someone else gets weapons that don't correspond to their roles, change roles!

Of course, getting the weapon you want is not easy at all. If the teddy bear appears, go around trying to find the random box. Open doors until money permits it, but take care not to open doors that aren't needed since this will allow many more zombies per round to get through. If the random box is in a location that would require you to open an inconvenient door, forget about it and and wait for fire sales. It's up to you though. An AUG, Galil; Famas, RPK, HK21 should do if all else fails. Repair all barricades, switch on the light and kill the crawler.

Rounds 6: Go to the main lander site. Place two people guarding the stairs and another two guarding the two barricades. Call the lander. The two members at the barricades should make sure that no zombies get through; if they do, give the other members a shout so that they don't get attacked from behind. The two members guarding the stairs should throw all the grenades they can since they can buy them for an accessible 150 points off the wall. The Explosive Expert can buy the PhD Flopper now if he has the money and put it to use; he will later on have to buy it anyway. If you can't hold the zombies any longer (this should not be the case in round 6), retreat. The team members with thunderguns (Special Arms/Medic) should then proceed to lure zombies to him and guide them around the lander. Do this for as long as you can, sticking to the walls and moving in a circular motion. When enough zombies are present, blast them with the thundergun.

Round 7: Space monkeys! Have two members guard the PhD Flopper machine, someone with a thundergun guard the Juggernog machine and another member running around the map, or protecting the Speed Cola machine. Use as much ammo as needed, since after each monkey round you get max ammo.

Rounds 8-12: Repeat the process for round 6 with an addition: Use all the lunar landers. After this is done, go to the light room and call the shuttle. After it has launched or you've shot it down for double points return to the main lander site and proceed with the usual. Get all team members to buy Juggernog, and get the Medic to buy quick revive. During this round and for the rest of the game you should create a crawler at the end of the round and repair all the barricades in the map before heading back to the main lander site before killing the crawler. Otherwise you'll just get swarmed by zombies.

Rounds 12-15: Now's the time to upgrade your weapons! Gather enough points, get to the end of the round, leave a crawler and head off to the Pack-a-Punch machine. Now's the medic's turn to upgrade his thudergun/crossbow and his ballistic knife. The latter will become the Gauss Refribrilator, that when fired at a downed teammate will revive them instantly. The upgraded crossbow will act as a monkey bomb and guide all zombies to it when fired; it will then explode. Useful for buying time when reviving a teammate. The upgraded thundergun... hell, we don't even have to explain what the Zeus Cannon does. Upgrade the latter before you upgrade any other.

Explosive Expert: Upgrade the M1911! The most useless weapon will turn into one of the most powerful, second only to the raygun in terms of damage.

Special Arms: Upgrade the raygun! You already have a team member with a Zeus Cannon, so upgrade the raygun before you upgrade the Thundergun. Two Zeus Cannons in these rounds are overkill.

The Team Leader should upgrade his most powerful weapon.

Head back to the main lander site; at this point the Explosive Expert should buy PhD Flopper now if he hasn't already; Mustang & Sally does serious slash damage if it isn't fired from a certain distance. Kill the crawler and get ready for the next round.

Rounds 16+: Use the round 6 tactic. Claymores can be purchased and left at the exit of each barricade, which will enable those two members guarding it to leave the barricades temporarily and join the other two members guarding the stairs. The explosive expert should be busy pounding rounds of explosives into the incoming zombies. If zombies manage to break through, get the team members with ray guns to walk around in circles around the lander. Use the lander as a resort; the blast will kill all surrounding zombies until round 35, but it will leave your team members vulnerable to the zombies that come afterwards. Pack-a-punch your other weapon when you get the money and purchase Speed Cola. If the team runs out of ammo, guide the zombies through traps; you will be able to afford 1000 points at this time. If things get ugly, throw a Gersch Device/throw an upgrade crossbow bolt and revive your team mates. If you run out of these, fire a Gauss Refibrilator blade at a team mate and they will be instantly revived.

Thank you for reading my guide, and I hope you enjoyed it! Leave any feedback, suggestions, criticisms, strategies etc in your replies.
Seems pretty detailed and looks like you put a lot of work into it!! GJ
Cant Play Online Cuz Of Jailbreak Sad
Yeah, I spent over 2 hours writing it.
not bad at all, never thought about the different roles before, should fix some of the grammar mistakes though
That thing is well over 1000 characters, I was bound to make some mistakes.
Good guide but here's an idea:
Round 1: Shoot 6-7 times & knife, let the zombies in so that power ups such as double points & Max Ammo are dropped. Bomb might come but it still gives 400 points. which is sort of alright.
Round 7: Space Monkeys! The thunder gun isn't that useful since it takes two blasts just for one monkey even though you can hit multiple monkeys. The first time it's easy but in later rounds you'll probably get overpowered.
Btw, is it possible to get two thunderguns? Since it's a wonder weapon and all.
It's an otherwise pretty epic guide. You should do one for "Call Of The Dead". Good Job XD