Support Forums

Full Version: [HELP] Problem with my graphics card [HELP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently bought a new gaming computer that has an AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB graphics card. I use it to obviously play games and when I do, after about an hour, the card crashes. I do not know why, and I need help trying to fix this. I've downloaded the new drivers and increased the fan speed, but it still happens. I'm running Windows 7.

When it crashes, the screen freezes and sometimes it gets pixeled and I have to restart my computer. Other times it freezes and then the screen goes black and then after about ten seconds, the screen starts working again and I get a little notification at the bottom saying that my graphics card has recovered from a crash.

I decided to test if it was stable with MSI Kombustor and I got a blue screen after it crashed. The files that fit of the description of the crash were:

C:\Windows\Minidump\062211-37019-01.dmp
C:\Users\Hassan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-5…

System Information:

If there's any more information needed just ask, and I'll supply it.
I Have seen many ATI cards come thru my shop with this issue. The cause is unknown. We usually just replace the card. I Think it may be a flaw in the GPU but im not for sure. If its still under warranty you could take it back and they will give you another one.Victoire
(06-26-2011, 09:01 AM)mrnapolean1 Wrote: [ -> ]I Have seen many ATI cards come thru my shop with this issue. The cause is unknown. We usually just replace the card. I Think it may be a flaw in the GPU but im not for sure. If its still under warranty you could take it back and they will give you another one.Victoire

I ordered the computer online so I think I might have to send it back again -.-
(06-26-2011, 10:29 AM)SickmyDuck™ Wrote: [ -> ]I ordered the computer online so I think I might have to send it back again -.-

If its still under warranty, please do so.Oui
(06-26-2011, 01:01 PM)mrnapolean1 Wrote: [ -> ]If its still under warranty, please do so.Oui

Yeah, it's a brand new computer. It has a year warranty. Thanks for the help.
(06-26-2011, 01:19 PM)SickmyDuck™ Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's a brand new computer. It has a year warranty. Thanks for the help.

You are welcome.Roflmao
You will have t replace it.

The cause for this problem is unknown.
Do you have a warranty?
(06-27-2011, 08:24 AM)Black Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]You will have t replace it.

The cause for this problem is unknown.
Do you have a warranty?

Yeah, I do. I'm going to call the company when I get home.
Yeah that's good, Also consider other faults, it might not always be the card itself but can also be something else.
(07-02-2011, 07:12 AM)djakariuz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that's good, Also consider other faults, it might not always be the card itself but can also be something else.

What else could be causing this? When it crashes artifacts appear on the screen and I don't know what to do. It's really starting to piss me off.