Support Forums

Full Version: Character Animation Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Decided to test a little something out here. I think having 2D looking objects flying across a 3D environment, with 3D shadows, gives a really nice effect. I might start to do some more stuff similar to this. What you guys think?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6iH_hiB7Jc[/youtube]
The idea is nice, and creative. It would be better though if the character cubes had a bit more 3D qualities though other than just the shadow on the ground. Nice though Smile
(06-19-2011, 05:07 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]The idea is nice, and creative. It would be better though if the character cubes had a bit more 3D qualities though other than just the shadow on the ground. Nice though Smile

I tried giving it more 3D qualities by adding a face to only one side. That way you can tell that it is a 3D cube spinning around. I don't really know what else I could add to it without it looking too 3D.
I just meant that when you see the squares, you can't hardly define where the edges and point's are on those 3D objects. Maybe adding a bit of a shadow to the faces of the cube that point to the ground as they spin around, or defining the edges with a bit of a darker color of blue
You should make the characters a little more bouncy. Other than that it looks great.
Looks very good, i want to get started with this kind of stuff to. :3
They look good, and fast!
how long did it take for you to make this?

Inventor1
The boxes tend to slide across the screen, perhaps you can make them bounce a bit more? Real nice though.
That is what i call real creativity.
That is marvelous, keep up the good work.
nice maybe editing the texture of the cubes would make it better Smile
Pages: 1 2 3