Support Forums

Full Version: Hotspot requires password, but there's nowhere to put it???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please help. I live at a place that requires a password to connect to a hotspot and I have the password, but the password input page doesn't pop up when I attempt to log on. The first couple of times I tried, a page asking for the password popped up (before I had the password) but now I can't get it at all.

Does anyone know how I can get the password page back?
Is it BT Openzone by any chance? because it's buggy as hell and does that a lot.
(06-15-2011, 09:55 AM)0xE9 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it BT Openzone by any chance? because it's buggy as hell and does that a lot.

I have no idea. How would I find that out?
(06-15-2011, 10:24 AM)jenbstylist Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea. How would I find that out?
What the name of the wireless access point?
How did you get internet to make this thread ??
you need to open a web browser and try and load google. Some hotspots have webpage authentication.

Type in your information on the page it takes you too.
Try load google or restart search
Is it from the browser you cant put it? Or the connection itself
Tell us the name of the hotspot.

If it's BTopenzone it asks for the password when you browse but lets you connect.
If it requires a password to connect to the wireless password you may have saved one that's wrong? try going to network and sharing center > manage network connections (it's on the left) then you should be able to right click > properties the network info and change the paswword there.
Pages: 1 2