Support Forums

Full Version: User Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've added a new page to my forum using the Page Manager plugin, and I would like the page to be only visible to Moderators and Admins.

Can somebody tell me how I can prevent normal members from accessing it?
So if they do find the URL, and try to view the page, it says "You do not have permission to access this page", etc....".

Thanks.
You could add this to the php code. (I haven't tested it)

include("global.php"); //path to global.php in mybb
global $mybb;
if(($mybb->usergroup['isadmin'] == 1) || ($mybb->usergroup['issupermod'] == 1))
{
//page here
}else{
print("You do not have permission to access this page");
}
Get a hold on omni im sure he knows
i used to know but i forgot

also what is ur forum? ill sign up
(06-14-2011, 02:06 PM)ILOVEW33D™ Wrote: [ -> ]Get a hold on omni im sure he knows
i used to know but i forgot

also what is ur forum? ill sign up

Thanks but I don't really want to bother Omni over this.
My site is TalkGFX. Look forward to seeing you there, although there are still a lot of changes being made.

Put this anywhere after global.php include,

Code:
if(!in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array('3','4','6')))
{
    error_no_permission();
}
(06-14-2011, 03:51 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Put this anywhere after global.php include,

Code:
if(!in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array('3','4','6')))
{
    error_no_permission();
}

Where about is Global.php Include?

Doesn't matter, this won't work with page manager. You'll either have to hide all pages or none. This might work,
http://mods.mybb.com/view/my-permissions
Thanks I'll give that a try.
Meh I thought my way would work better, You don't have to define all the usergroups that have admin / mod access.
(06-15-2011, 02:12 AM)0xE9 Wrote: [ -> ]Meh I thought my way would work better, You don't have to define all the usergroups that have admin / mod access.

Yeh, but I'm not sure how Page Manager works. I don't think it generates a .php file for each page.
Never mind. I had the "Use MyBB Template" set to yes, which disabled PHP.

I've set it to no now, and I've been able to set permissions. Thanks for everyones help.
Pages: 1 2