Support Forums

Full Version: [TUT]How to shutdown, restart, sleep, or lock computer from a phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to turn off your computer from your smartphone

Have you ever wanted to be able to turn off your computer remotely from another computer over the internet or from your smartphone? Switchoff lets you do just that and more including shutdown, restart, lock, sleep, or hibernate.

It is called SwitchOff by airytec and you can download it here.

After installing it from the website run the program and you will see the icon in the taskbar.
[Image: notifyicon.png]
Right click it and click options and then under the 'remote' tab check 'enable web interface'.
Make sure you password protect it too.
[Image: f39912329840a32254f197569ec4c0ac.png]
Once you have got that all set up you can visit the web interface from your phone or another computer by typing in your ip address followed by the port that you specified.
[Image: web-interface.png]
like this: 192.168.0.0:8000
Once you login you can simply click on the option you want and it will send the command to the computer. You can even set it to execute predefined scripts to make it do whatever you want.

NOTE: You may need to enable portfowarding on your router to be able to access the web interface.

Hope you enjoy! I use this all the time to turn off my computer before I go to bed because I am too lazy to get out of bed to turn it off while in front of it. I just do it from my phone.
Thanks, I Need This. I Leave My Computer On All Day Downloading Torrents.
Nice thread, keep it up! Smile
I too download a lot of torrents RiChZ. I already knew how to do this but this should help people who aren't really that tech'y Smile

Nice, I try this stuff out later lol
Thats pretty niffty, Im going to have to try this out sometime.
Pretty cool, this way i will be able to kick people off my computer or prevent them from even using it when i leave it on.
Lol awesome thanks for the tut. Smile
Can do this simply with teamviewer/tight VNC and much more.