Support Forums

Full Version: [TUT]How to make lightning "Photoshop CS5"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey in this turterial im going to learn you how to make lightning effect in Photoshop Cs5.

In the first step you are going to make a new file the size should be 500 width and 500 Height thats what I'm going to use in this tutorial you can use what ever size you want to.

Now you see a transparent background use your gradient tool to make it black fading out in white like this.

3. Now go to difference clouds under Filter>Render>Diffrence Clouds and this is the effect you get

After we have out lightning looking clouds we go to Image>Adjustment>Invert

And this is how it's gonna look after Invert

4. Now we need to cut away not needed stuff so go to Image>Adjustment>Levels

And play around with the black arrow most of the time it have to move it almost the the end of the other side but you can choose what ever you like.

Out come should look like this

5. Adding colors to your image you have to go to image>adjustments>Hue/saturation... and use the settings shown in the image below or play around with the colors. "Remember to set colorize on"

Image 5

Now use the eraser tool to remove the stuff you don't need.

The final out come of your work will look some like this and if you want you can do all the steps again and add some more to you lightning so it's not only one lightning down.

[Image: 2q1cdp5.jpg]

Another out come I made some time ago as a Signature

[Image: 24nqxk1.png]
Nice tutorial, I'm about to use this.
Pleae post your out come would be funny for every body to see it Big Grin
Okay give me a second, it may take me awhile lol.
okay just post it when it's done Big Grin
How long did it take you to do this, lol it may take me a couple minutes.
take me like 1 min to do but I did it many times and the Tut took like 2 or 3 hours to make Big Grin
Okay lol, it may take me awhile.
Okay good luck then Big Grin
It's an ok but not the best I have ever seen.
Pages: 1 2 3