Support Forums

Full Version: laptop performance when you listen to music (high volume)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I listen to music (high volume ) on my laptop from its speakers sometimes my computer freezes or become slow.
Is this a hardware problem, a bios problem, does this consumes to much energy and dont let enough energy for the other devices of laptop to work normal?
Does anybody have any ideas about how can i solve like this?
Sorry for my english Tongue
This is a guess:

Your laptop doesn't have a sound card, so when you turn on music at high volume, the processor has to drive the speakers.

Possible solutions:
  • Buy and install a sound card.
  • Get a new - better - laptop.
(10-21-2009, 02:19 PM)tomism0 Wrote: [ -> ]When I listen to music (high volume ) on my laptop from its speakers sometimes my computer freezes or become slow.
Is this a hardware problem, a bios problem, does this consumes to much energy and dont let enough energy for the other devices of laptop to work normal?
Does anybody have any ideas about how can i solve like this?
Sorry for my english Tongue
The guy above me is right, but it could also be your battery. If your computer is more than 6 months old, chances are your battery's power output has suffered a decline. This means that when you do some recourse intensive tasks, especially playing videos or music at high levels of volume, your computer will require more power than it is capable of producing. A processor needs an adequate amount of energy to function properly. So if you haven't enough power to feed your processor, some skipping, freezes and slowdowns will occur. Don't try to play anything that runs at a bitrate of 128kbps, and you should have no more slowdowns.
Hm, weird. I have never experienced this problem. I do have, however, a sound card, although it's a crappy, integrated one by Intel. My laptop is 2 and a half years old, though, and the battery is completely dead. Like, if I leave my laptop unplugged for about 30 seconds, it'll die.
my laptop model is Satellite P200D-12O PSPBQE-02900SG3

Specs:

AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-62 (2100 Mhz)
display 17.1 "
2.048 (1.024 + 1.024) DDR2 RAM (667 MHz)
Audio system Realtek ALC268

all specs here http://www.icecat.biz/en/p/Toshiba/PSPBQ...0D-12O.htm
i suppose its not a sound card problem
it may be a charge problem
do i need to buy external speakers to solve the problem?
i have to install a new version of bios for my laptop?
I'd go with the battery personally cause your sound card isn't that bad.you may want to check and make sure its not knocked loose tho.happened to my older laptop.
(10-21-2009, 02:19 PM)tomism0 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a hardware problem, a bios problem,

i can tell you now it is not a bios problem Big Grin Big Grin sounds like your sound card tho...