Support Forums

Full Version: Can vBulletin recover from it's negative reputation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ever since Internet Brands acquired vBulletin Solutions, it's reputation has gone nothing but downhill. Many vBulletin customers have since moved to IPB, and XenForo when it was released because of just how great it is, and not to mentioned Kier who was the lead developer of vBulletin and Mike who was also a vBulletin developer, are the guys now behind Xenforo.

Many people are disappointed with vBulletin, and its reputation has gone from being the best to now the worst, do you guys think vBulletin can ever recover?
i think it can but it'll have to somehow overcome all the features ipb and all different types of software have, just not that many options for vB i used to have it
I will actually like to think they will, it's a great software to use, but since it's not a very easy to use software it's a downfall.
I dislike it. I use MyBB instead its free and more reliable (to me anyways).
(06-09-2011, 12:09 AM)Terrorz Wrote: [ -> ]Ever since Internet Brands acquired vBulletin Solutions, it's reputation has gone nothing but downhill. Many vBulletin customers have since moved to IPB, and XenForo when it was released because of just how great it is, and not to mentioned Kier who was the lead developer of vBulletin and Mike who was also a vBulletin developer, are the guys now behind Xenforo.

Many people are disappointed with vBulletin, and its reputation has gone from being the best to now the worst, do you guys think vBulletin can ever recover?

I simply love Xenforo, vBulletin had it's days.. Xenforo is vBulletin but better.
I doubt it, it is not innovative.
I still like vbulletin. I have yet to try xenforo but it looks really great. I still think vbulletin is regarded better than most free solutions. They do need to prices IMO.
Well it definately would if they stop charging for it xD
Well xenforo charges alot too. I didn't really like how vBull or Xenforo have set up the interface. I really like MyBB more than I used too. With all those plugins Omniscient made just makes mybb even better.
vBulletin Sucks since the version 4. Don't worth to pay $190 having IPB and Xenforo
Pages: 1 2