Support Forums

Full Version: SelfMotivation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My AGPA(Accumulative Grade Point Average) as of now is 2.9, but the problem is, I am actually rather intelligent. I mean if you guys know what the ACT is, my estimated score is 31-33, and on the 6 finals I took last week, 4 of them were 97% or higher, the 5th one was a 96%, and the 6th one was a 93%. My counselor and all my teachers always say that I am smart and I should be doing better, but when I get home, all I want to do is play xbox, or go on the computer. Does anyone have ideas on how I can motivate myself to do my homework. And if I didn't mention, I always do well on tests, I just don't do the homework.
I am the EXACT same as you. I've spent years getting letters to my parents, detention, all sorts of punishments for not doing homework yet in the class I pass everything. The question I've always asked is do you really need to do the homework? Why find the motivation when you know you will likely pass the tests/exams anyway. Unless your homework counts for an overall grade or something important I think you should continue to not do it Smile
(06-08-2011, 02:38 PM)Bяian ♪ Wrote: [ -> ]I am the EXACT same as you. I've spent years getting letters to my parents, detention, all sorts of punishments for not doing homework yet in the class I pass everything. The question I've always asked is do you really need to do the homework? Why find the motivation when you know you will likely pass the tests/exams anyway. Unless your homework counts for an overall grade or something important I think you should continue to not do it Smile

Well, I need to find a reason to do it, because it really is a big deal, it gives me a B or a C in all of my classes.
You're clearly very intelligent, but intelligence does not get you anywhere without hard work. With your intelligence and ACT scores (you should have taken SAT lol, not sure if anyone takes ACT anymore) you could probably have gotten into any of the Ivey League Universities. Work hard in university and you'll reap the rewards later.
(06-08-2011, 07:29 PM)Aware Wrote: [ -> ]You're clearly very intelligent, but intelligence does not get you anywhere without hard work. With your intelligence and ACT scores (you should have taken SAT lol, not sure if anyone takes ACT anymore) you could probably have gotten into any of the Ivey League Universities. Work hard in university and you'll reap the rewards later.

I know, but are their ways to remind myself of this on a daily basis, because I just don't have the motivation to do the work.
(06-09-2011, 01:44 PM)Green Bay Wrote: [ -> ]I know, but are their ways to remind myself of this on a daily basis, because I just don't have the motivation to do the work.

I always just set my phone each day for 5 p.m. which i would i would go to my room turn off my t.v. and just force myself to do my homework. I eventually got to where i did not have to use my phone any more and just did it. i used to wait till like 9 at night to do hw.
I did this throughout high school and really regret it. I work my ass off in college and love it. What I did was put up alittle motivating sign that I was forced to look at each day. Also figure that high school and college are around 8 years of your life. Those 8 years in the big picture of your entire life is pretty low. You might as well try in those 8 years to get a good education and job. Once you have a quality job then you can relax for the rest of your life.
I am in the same situation.
I blame the xbox and computer. If I never bought either of them, I'd be studying right now instead of writing this reply. lol.
I was in a "self-motivation"-class.
There are a lot of motivation-book/ebooks out there.

(Personally I think it was a complete bullshit, I went to the class only for a easy grade Tongue
but maybe reading such a book helps you)
I also have the problem of finding motivation to do well in school. I waste a lot of time on the computer and Xbox which is detrimental on my grades and work. I find myself procrastinating til the last possible minute which hurts me ultimately. The only thing that really motivates me is my determination to get better grades then everyone else in the class and become "smarter" than everyone else thinks I am just because I do poorly on class work and quizzes/tests.
Pages: 1 2