Support Forums

Full Version: Socially Awkward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I am very socially awkward. I don't know how to react in social situations. How do I change?
be yourself and talk to people.

don't act weird and just be chill.
I believe the best way to overcome shyness and awkwardness is this:

1. Nothing is more awkward than a nervous, shy, and un-friendly person. Adopt a sunny, (at least semi) extroverted outlook and befriend the world around you. Make small talk (BS innocuous questions like “hows the weather?”) with the people you see everyday. Slow down your gestures and move deliberately.

2. Learn how to be funny in a way that is actually funny. When you crack a joke, and no one laughs, just kind of looks at you funny, or gets pissed off, it’s probably time to work on this aspect of your game. Being funny and having a sense of humor is something that can be learned.

3. Embrace the gaps of silence in conversation. It’s perfectly normal to not be talking at all times. Being comfortable with the natural gaps in conversation is a big sign of a self-assured and high confidence person.

4. Avoid talking about anything too sexually crude, especially if it’s a woman you just started seeing. Remember, when your out on a date your not in the locker room or Barrens chat.

5. Avoid sharing stories that you should probably keep to yourself, like that time you screamed like a girl crapped yourself when you watch The Ring.

6. Don’t ask people questions that will put them on the spot or make them uncomfortable when you don’t know them well. When someone is with you, they want to remember having
fun with you, not stress and weird questions. If there is something you want to ask that you wouldn’t want to be asked, don’t ask it.

Taken from http://www.geeksguidetodating.com/how-to...y-awkward/

Some of my friends have used that.
Confidence is the main aspect you need to gain.
Just start talking to people more.
Start a convo with someone on a subject you like and it should take of from there.
Even people like cashiers just ask them a question or say something.
you need to boost your confidence this isn't easy to do, but the easiest way to do it, and change the aspect of being Socially Awkward is by hanging you head high, and no matter what, don't look down. Always keep your head up. Also speak with a positive tone rather than questionable tones, most of all be sure of yourself.
Confidence is key. Just believe in yourself, and it will work out for the best.
And if it doesn't - who should give a fudge? Big Grin
Find friends that like what you like and talk about stuff that intrested you and be your self.
I believe all you have to do is act normal, as in act yourself, and don't worry if not everyone accepts you, because there is bound to be someone out there that can connect to the real you.
I know, it may seem hard to not be shy. More experience with females (you don't like, go out with them), will help. Or, to break no hearts, just talk and be friendlier to more people. Interact more, socially.