Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 8 to discontinue VB6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard about this? Seems there's been a rumour that Microsoft are going to discontinue VB6. Tbh I'd much rather they discontinue .Net (Always had something against .net), It seems such a useless language with not really much point.
Honestly I don't get it.. whats the difference between vb6 and visual basic 8/10?
(06-04-2011, 12:24 PM)davidmarker Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I don't get it.. whats the difference between vb6 and visual basic 8/10?

Syntax and dependencies.
(06-04-2011, 12:39 PM)The-One Wrote: [ -> ]Syntax and dependencies.

Exactly! Just like MsgBox, I forgot what it was in VB6 but it would be something like MessageBx -- you get the point. I hope they discontinue VB6, not VB 8/10 for the next twenty years or someones getting shot.
VB6 is sooooooooooo old. Everyone should use .NET instead
(06-06-2011, 02:52 AM)thanasis2028 Wrote: [ -> ]VB6 is sooooooooooo old. Everyone should use .NET instead

Not true. There are actually people still using VB6 (like OP). They find it better as they learned VB in that IDE.
They've made a mistake by creating .NET. When I was a begginer to programming, I started with VB.NET, and it was a pain in the ass. Then I tried VB6, I found it a lot better, but VB wasn't just good enough for me. Later I went over to web development, and I also started learning python. So yeah, Microsoft is simply acting stupid. Visual Basic .NET is mostly used by script kiddies all around the world today, and anyone who is currently trying to learn .NET programming should go over to something else.
honestly it is not that bad of an idea, it cane out like 15 years ago, and lost official support like 6 years ago, about time they get rid of it all together
VB6 better be supported. I will stick to windows 7 if this happens.
I haven't heard this yet, but I can see it comin' , VB6 is old, & should've been gone along time ago. Everyone likes VB6 cuz they've got into programming and it doesn't have any dependencies, cuz their wanting to code malware. .NET is way better; personally I love cSharp, & you can do alot more with the newer versions than the old vb6.