Support Forums

Full Version: Certain niches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Niches such as gaming, general discussion, tech support and GFX forums. How hard would you say it would be to have a sucessful in these niches?
I think it is extremely tough just because there are just too many sites that try to do it.
That's what I am thinking but then why do some many people try to do this? The only way you could make it big in my opinion if you have a specific type of gaming. I have yet to see a successful general discussion forum that caters to all people, Teens, adults and eldar.
I swear a niche is the less typical for things. I was taught in business that a niche market for a phone company would be large button phones for blind people. That's my definition of a niche so to me the types of forums you stated aren't.

A niche of a GFX forum, for me would be a forum dedicated to Signature design only for example. Maybe it's just me though.

For example I just googled def: niche and one of the main definition was:

Quote:A special area of demand for a product or service:
General discussion is always the hardest, despite having nearly everyone to appeal to.
Tech support, wouldn't bother. These sites are everywhere and we all know about them.
Graphic design takes loads of time. Still gaps for more of these forums though.