Support Forums

Full Version: created a forum, registration mail goes to spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well, i just started a forum, i did not mass mail or something but when a user registers to my forum , it allways goes to the spam folder, how can i fix this, i tried with hotmail, yahoo and gmail and with all the registration mail goes to the spam folder.
Generally if the email address isn't on your contact list the mail goes to spam. I think you can get it verified so it goes straight to inbox, I know that's what HF does.
This is pretty common. Some email provides such as Hotmail/Yahoo filter by the server that it comes from. So they could just be putting ANY email that comes from your smtp server into junk. Only way around that would be to contact Hotmail/Yahoo(good luck) or just have your members add you to their contacts.
This happens with all new registered sites, this is because any big brand of email normally tend to block the emails due to thinking theres virus' included, normally juts give re-assurance to you're members and ask them to unblock it/stop them going to junk.
thanks for your help guys Tongue