Support Forums

Full Version: login?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made a website (CSS/HTML). I want to make a login function and allow people to upload pictures. How can I do that?
PHP would be your best bet. Watching this might help.
Well your best bet without learning a BIG amount of coding knowledge is to get a source and modify it, if you're wanting to learn how to code the language this is the wrong section.
You'll need to use MySQL to store login data and PHP to connect to it. If you're new to this, I suggest finding a free script instead.
so thats means I need to learn the database coding........?
(06-01-2011, 11:07 PM)intel 4004 Wrote: [ -> ]so thats means I need to learn the database coding........?

Well, Yes. HTML and CSS are both client side languages, They cant interact with the server. You need to learn PHP and how to query an SQL database.
(06-01-2011, 11:07 PM)intel 4004 Wrote: [ -> ]so thats means I need to learn the database coding........?

To be honest, it depends what login script you want, for example; if you want a login script that's just simple and clean with a white background then you might as well get knowledge of HTML/PHP/SQL if you want to make a super nice one then learn a language like CSS Smile
(06-02-2011, 10:57 AM)Laughynose Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, it depends what login script you want, for example; if you want a login script that's just simple and clean with a white background then you might as well get knowledge of HTML/PHP/SQL if you want to make a super nice one then learn a language like CSS Smile
He said he already knew CSS but no php. CSS isn't needed for a login but some sort of serverside language is.
You're wrong since PHP is the login script, you need PHP to connect to the MYSQL database, and the server side is MYSQL.
Use PHP for it. Google a simple logging in
Pages: 1 2