Support Forums

Full Version: COD Black Ops: Weapons Guide: MPL [28/05/2011]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: CODBlackOps2.png]

Greetings fans of the Call Of Duty franchise!

This is the fourth edition of my, so far, extremely successful COD Black Ops Weapon Guide series.

This is a series of Black Ops guides aimed at helping the players to get a better understanding of how these weapons fare on the battlefield. They are based on my unbiased thoughts and opinions as an experienced gamer.
I'm trying out a new layout in order to increase the quality of the guide. Hopefully you all will like it and give me more awesome suggestions.
I guess there are a lot of images, but it seems alright.
If I miss something, or if I need to correct something, be sure to give appropriate sources along with your feedback. Lets begin!
So, without further ado, lets begin!

Note: The following guide is only for Multiplayer. There is a section for Zombies, provided the gun is available in a Zombies game without cheats/mods

Today's featured weapon is:

MPL

[Image: Menu_mp_weapons_mpl.png]

Type: Sub-Machine Gun (Automatic)
Unlocked at: Level 35
Price: [Image: 8pxcodpointssvg.png] 2000
Pickup Image:
[Image: Hud_mpl.png]
Ammunition: 96 (starting) ~ 256 (maximum)
Magazine size: 32 rounds ~ 10 rounds (w/ Extended Mags)
Reload time (approx.): 2.25 seconds (Not completely empty)
3 seconds (Completely empty)
Rate Of Fire (ROF): 937.5 rpm
Damage: 30-20

[Image: blackchaosbriefrundown.png]

The MPL is available for purchase at Level 35 at the cost of 2000 COD Points.

It has moderate damage, a medium-low recoil, and a fast reload along with a high rate of fire, making it a versatile sub-machine gun.

With regards to attachments, the Grip attachment helps make the weapon more effective/accurate at mid-long range, however, such combat is perhaps best avoided due to the MPL's minimum damage of 20. It is also difficult to stay on target at long ranges with this weapon's very high ROF.

Slapping on a Reflex Sight or AGOC Scope on this weapon is hazardous due to its noticeable backwards recoil. This makes the sight or scope kick backwards as well. This can distract the player and put them off of their intended target. The Red Dot Sight is not affected as much by this drawback, because the sight is farther from the player's eyes than the others.

In the gaming community, Dual Mag is often used because the MPL runs out of ammunition very quickly, and the faster reloads coupled with the extra ammunition help compensate for this. Additional optics are also commonly used because the default iron sights of the MPL are clustered and can be difficult to use with precision.

Since the MPL has moderately low recoil, and minimum damage, the Rapid Fire attachment can be especially useful, increasing the fire rate and reducing the amount of time needed to slug in five bullets into the opponent's body and get the kill.

[Image: attachments.png]
  • Red Dot Sight [8/10]
    The Red Dot Sight on the MPL is the optic with the lowest recoil, and hence recommended to use if the default iron sights are too cumbersome to use.

• Suppressor [6/10]
    Due to its already low range and damage, the suppressor only adds fodder to the flame. With such a decreased range, the MPL would be useless unless you literally stick it up your opponent's nose. Of course, as with all attachments, the user may be able to counter act this by applying their own method to their shooting.

• Dual Mag [9/10]
    The Dual Mags are the right attachment for this gun because of its small magazine size and moderate ROF. The already fast reload time is decreased even more.

• Reflex Sight [5/10]
    The reason for this low rating was already stated above: Reflex Sight or AGOC Scope on this weapon is hazardous due to its noticeable backwards recoil. This makes the sight or scope kick backwards as well.

• ACOG Scope [5/10]
    Check rating for Reflex Sight

• Grip (Folding Stock) [9/10]
    The Grip is greatly beneficial for this gun as it increases its range and accuracy, making it only moderately difficult to land the shots on medium range.

• Rapid Fire [8/10]
    In my honest opinion, Rapid Fire is really not required on this gun. The firing rate on it is moderate, but useful for conserving ammo. On the other hand, Rapid Fire makes it easier and faster to kill you opponent.

[Image: perkss.png]

Along with the attachments, there are also Perks to consider when choosing the perfect class for this weapon. Here are a few of the best suited perks to this weapon

[Image: 128px-Perk_scavenger_256_pro.png]
Scavenger is one of the best perks for any gun. Added ammo is always useful as it removes the factor of running out of ammo, increasing the player's confidence on battlefield. For the MPL, its is greatly beneficial due to its low ammo count.

[Image: 128px-Perk_professional_256_pro.png]
Warlord is is useful when you equip both Grip and Rapid Fire together. This leads to a deadly combination of added accuracy and increased rate of fire.

[Image: 128px-Perk_steady_aim_256_pro.png]
Steady Aim is also useful. This allows you to pick another attachment instead of grip, freeing up your inventory for a deadly attachment like Rapid Fire or Red Dot Sight.

[Image: blackchaosclasses.png]

[Image: MPLCLASSSES.png]

[Image: finalverdict.png]
[7.5/10]
The MPL, inspite of its disadvantages, is still one of the most versatile and effective Sub-Machine Guns in the game. Definitely worth picking up and giving it a go.

[Image: zombies.png]
The MPL is available in Kino der Toten, Five, Ascension and Call of The Dead for 1000 points off the wall. The MPL has a 24-round magazine in Nazi Zombies. In early rounds it is a good purchase because of its low damage per bullet, which can result in many points being earned quickly. It is an effective weapon for the early rounds (around 4-8) as well, being able to kill zombies in as little as 4 bullets. But as rounds progress, zombie numbers and strength increases, its small magazine and low capacity becomes a dangerous problem.

[Image: MPL-LF.jpg]

When upgraded i.e. Pack-a-Punch'd, it becomes the "MPL-LF." It acquires an excellent 40-round magazine, a Red Dot Sight with a randomized reticle, and more damage.

So that's the MPL. I hope you enjoyed this guide and learned a little about this weapon. Hopefully, you appreciate the great amount of time it took to make this guide by leaving a comment, dropping me a PM, sending me bouquet of white roses or something.

Which weapon should I showcase next? Please leave your suggestion below.

Guide compiled by BlackChaos
Thanks for another great weapon guide made by you. You are a great member.
(05-28-2011, 05:16 AM)Blixx Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for another great weapon guide made by you. You are a great member.

Hehe. One of the best gamers here hopefully Smile
Thanks mate.
Great guide, I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing Big Grin
(05-29-2011, 07:48 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Great guide, I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing Big Grin

Most welcome Sam Oui
It wasn't easy writing and creating all the images, though the classes were created by an external generator Whistle
Very nice weapon guide. So descrioptive. Also I enjoyed reading again.. LOL I saw it posted on HF, i guessing by you. I would just like to say the AK47 is by far my favorite weapon. Throw a silencer on it and it becomes Godly. Anyways... Nice guide and hope to see more of this HQ stuff in the Future Smile
Very well put togethe guide. I learned alot from this. Thanks for the contribution Smile
Very well made guide, the MPL w/ dual mags is my second fav SMG behind the MP5.
Glad you guys liked the guide. Smile
Hopefully I will post more at the end of the month after my exams are over.
Great guide, very detailed and HQ.
Pages: 1 2