Support Forums

Full Version: New laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay so my laptop is getting older, plus I'm not to into Dell's. On another note I am going to College in the fall of 2012, so I want a good all around computer. But I'm not into really creating/building my own computer so much. My budget will be around $1,000 I assume and I'm looking more at Apples than PC's, I just like them more personally. So give me your thoughts Big Grin
If you're entering a computer relevant course in college, please don't buy a Mac as you will get bullied not only by your peers, but your lecturers xD trust me i know a kid who did.

Look into Packard Bells, Sony's and Toshiba's. These are the tog dogs of laptops. Im using a Packard Bell Easynote TX and it has not given me any issues.
Don't get a mac that's just lame. But if you do change your mind you will save $$$ building you own from parts bought on sites like ebuyer.
I'd get a Dell if I were you but since you don't want one then my next option would be an HP.
I like apples too but just for their look. Windows is way better than mac's
Alienware laptops are great, pretty dear but theyre really good
dont buy apple. its crap!
Definitely go with a windows unless you want to waste money =-P. I'd recommend Hp from my personal experience as mine has been very reliable. I personally dislike Dells as they are usually slightly overpowered and end up crapping out after a year (from what people i know who have owned Dells have told me).
(05-21-2011, 06:55 AM)Diesel Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so my laptop is getting older, plus I'm not to into Dell's. On another note I am going to College in the fall of 2012, so I want a good all around computer. But I'm not into really creating/building my own computer so much. My budget will be around $1,000 I assume and I'm looking more at Apples than PC's, I just like them more personally. So give me your thoughts Big Grin

I would get a Mac Book or look at a HP computer since you don't like Dells. Apple laptops are great for students. Computer experts usually suggest Apples for people who are in school. Personally I'm not a fan about Macs so i can't tell you much about them but I can tell you if you don't like Dell then check out some HP's.
Get a dell xps. They are powerful and don't look to flashy.
Pages: 1 2