Support Forums

Full Version: Geocaching is good exercise and fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been with a friend out "geocaching" - finding hidden objects with a GPS. It's a great way of getting out and about and taking some exercise in a fun way.
I don't really find it fun. I prefer to do water based stuff such as surfing.
I have heard about it through the Apple App Store and it sounds neat, it's like treasure hunting. Would be fun to do with my little brother.
Its pretty fun, when i was still in boyscouts we went on a campout and did this.
It's fun but I don't prefer it. I would rather go running or something of the sort. Find anything interesting yet though?
There is a place that does this about 2 hours away from my house.
My girlfriend and I are probably going to go take a visit, it looks so fun.

They basically give you a GPS and you have to find items hidden within the forest!
It's kind of a boy scout thing too be honest. not in my best interest.
My dad is obsessed with this, every time we go somewhere he looks up Geocaches on his GPS to see if there is any on the way.
I can see how people are interested in it, however, it is just boring to me.

People take it pretty seriously as well. There was like a UFO spaceship model as one of the Geocaches that we went to.
Sounds fun, but I prefer weightlifting/running/biking kinda stuff. I don't mix tech and sports together rly.
Sounds interesting, never heard about it before. Seems like a good and fun way to burn calories.