Support Forums

Full Version: My gf is moving away :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently my girlfriend told me that she was moving away, about 100 miles away Sad I could catch the train every half term or some weekends or somethin, but I'm afraid this long distance relationship will break us up :/ She's the most amazing girl I've ever met in my life and I don't want to break-up with her! But it's going to be so hard when she moves away, I'm going to miss her like hell :'(

Has anybody got any advice or has anyone been in a simular situation before? I really want help with this, I wanna make it work! I can't suffer the same sort of depression that I had with my last girlfriend (not important) Sad
You have to know that trust is a big issue here. You have to trust her enough to know she won't do that to you. This goes vise versa as well. Just keep in contact with her, and I'm sure if she wanted to break up with you she would say it instead of being quiet.
One of my friends has been in this situation and still currently is. His girlfriend moved around 100 miles away and he still makes the effort to go and see her and they are both still madly in love. He told me because they do not see each other often as they would like to, when they do finally see each other they cherish every second and it makes them stronger than they already are. This setup they have going on has been going on for 2 years and nothing has changed. He is now getting ready to rent a flat in her neighbourhood.

So from what I have heard from my mate my advice would be make the effort to see her no matter how great.
Ah can I just say that I really feel for you. Me and my girlfriend haven't seen each other for a couple of weeks now and it kills me. It doesn't have to end though. And it might give you a chance to see how much you miss/like each other.

If you love her it will be easy to make the extra effort trust me.
moving on and starting a new life is the best choice based on my experience since you will get really hurt over the time, think about it a bit sure you will first get hurt but later you will get over her and start a new life. Trust me.Smile
(05-22-2011, 10:44 AM)3x0r_$c0rPi0n Wrote: [ -> ]moving on and starting a new life is the best choice based on my experience since you will get really hurt over the time, think about it a bit sure you will first get hurt but later you will get over her and start a new life. Trust me.Smile

Start a new life?

To be honest I have seen my own friends make this work. The one condition is that you TRUELY love her. If not then it is true that you should move on but never give up on true love if she really means that much to you. Just bear in mind that it has less chance of working if you aren;t really in it for the years you will eventually spend together.
(05-22-2011, 10:54 AM)WhiteFlame Wrote: [ -> ]Start a new life?

To be honest I have seen my own friends make this work. The one condition is that you TRUELY love her. If not then it is true that you should move on but never give up on true love if she really means that much to you. Just bear in mind that it has less chance of working if you aren;t really in it for the years you will eventually spend together.

Love for me is just a camouflage of rage...

for me true love doesn't exist only respect....
(05-22-2011, 10:58 AM)3x0r_$c0rPi0n Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2011, 10:54 AM)WhiteFlame Wrote: [ -> ]Start a new life?

Love for me is just a camouflage of rage...

for me true love doesn't exist only respect....

That is a f***** up view?

How do you explain it as being a camouflage or rage? Seriously rage is such a different emotion to me.

True love may not but love definately does. A bond between to people can be really amazing. I assume by this that you don't have a girlfrind, wife or partner that you love?
Trust is vital, I hope everything works out fine.
(05-20-2011, 03:45 AM)anonymousman Wrote: [ -> ]Recently my girlfriend told me that she was moving away, about 100 miles away Sad I could catch the train every half term or some weekends or somethin, but I'm afraid this long distance relationship will break us up :/ She's the most amazing girl I've ever met in my life and I don't want to break-up with her! But it's going to be so hard when she moves away, I'm going to miss her like hell :'(

Has anybody got any advice or has anyone been in a simular situation before? I really want help with this, I wanna make it work! I can't suffer the same sort of depression that I had with my last girlfriend (not important) Sad

Wow dude I'm not even going to lie, it actually made me really sad reading this.
I have been with the same girl for 9months, if I would be in your situation I would be devestated. It is now in your hands to try your best to make it work and let her know that she has to try to.

Best of luck.
Pages: 1 2