Support Forums

Full Version: My upload speed sucks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if it is because of my internet speed, or it's just because of my router, but I have open ports, I also have it set up correctly (I hope)

But I can download at 1mb/s+ but when I try to upload, I'm always stuck at 40kb/s.

I have tried a speed test, and it also says my speed for upload is only 44kb/s

Is there anyway to raise this? or is my ISP just being cheap?
I'm paying for High speed internet with Shaw. (Canada)
Your ISP is just being cheap as you say.

You're paying for download speed only, obviously.

Do a speedtest and check your results: http://speedtest.net/

Here's what i get when i'm connected to my computer, my laptop and my cellphone

[Image: 1308423819.png]

And i'm paying for 24MB/s.. Greek internet seriously sucks.

Also checkup the uploading site, this is a factor too.
My upload speed sucks too

Oh well
(05-23-2011, 05:25 AM)๖ۣۜED Wrote: [ -> ]Your ISP is just being cheap as you say.

You're paying for download speed only, obviously.

Do a speedtest and check your results: http://speedtest.net/

Here's what i get when i'm connected to my computer, my laptop and my cellphone

[Image: 1308423819.png]

And i'm paying for 24MB/s.. Greek internet seriously sucks.

Also checkup the uploading site, this is a factor too.

Wow that is an big speed :D
Your ISP is just being cheap as you say.
Upload speed shouldn't be that great compared to your download. Based on that download speed you are right where you should be. I am impatient so I pay out of my ass for good internet speeds. But notice how much slower the upload speed is.
[Image: 74011432.png]
try doing certain things from your end before going to your ISP like
Clean your connections
Turn your modem off and on
Avoid running multiple devices at once
Clean your cookies cache and browser history
then you can check the internet speed ScanMySpeed.com
if you still find your internet upload speed is low you can go to your ISP...
Holy spamming necropost...wow...
I agree whith all -your isp sucks ,but there could be something to change for this. Is called QOS -and you find even on windows ,even or your router.What qos means - is a band limit dor download.On windows is 20% lower then maximum .Since windows could be installed on different pc whith different hardware - they have leave a medium setup just to ensure that would be no issue on diferent configuration.There are many way how to emproove your windows -but here we talk about qos. type win+r then gpedit.msc(is group policy editor). Go to administrative templates -network -qos packet scheduler -limit reservable bandwitch - you will see a voice called not configured - change this voice into enabled and down you will see 20% - well go down on the arrow until zero and then click ok -and you will have your full band.On the router -depends a lot of router and isp you also will find the qos.Play arround and also give to 0 whatever will be the setup.Many isp have decided to limit the band download for p2p ,torrent ,emule just to avoid the congestion traffic that could be.Also i suggest you to chech your mtu value.(google -how can i setup the mtu and you will find many tutorial).If none of this emprove your speed then call your isp and ask him why do you have a slower value in download and upload.