Support Forums

Full Version: When designing a forum..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please try to think of a new topic. I've seen so many forums that are all the same thing as Hack Forums. You can certainly make whatever type of forum you want, but I suggest thinking of something new if you want to be successful.

In just 2 weeks, look at how successful thebookbay.org has been with an original idea. Try to think of an idea that is original and that people would want to see. Also, try to specify. Thanks for reading and good luck with your forums!
I am actualy kinda agree with you, i mean every 2nd forum try to copy HF, they think they would be as successful as HF is but they are wrong.
I have an idea about targeting students and professors etc, in simple words target those who relates to teach and learn things etc.
(05-15-2011, 12:20 PM)Invincible Wrote: [ -> ]I am actualy kinda agree with you, i mean every 2nd forum try to copy HF, they think they would be as successful as HF is but they are wrong.
I have an idea about targeting students and professors etc, in simple words target those who relates to teach and learn things etc.

There's an original idea, good job! I'm sure you'll reach some success with that! And yeah, i've seen about 10 forums in the last week that's exactly the same thing as HF. They don't understand that many of the people that join HF join because of the large community and great amount of knowledge that is on HF.
People tend to fall at the first hurdle anyway due to the fact they expect hundreds of members on the first week.
(05-18-2011, 05:27 AM)h-boy Wrote: [ -> ]People tend to fall at the first hurdle anyway due to the fact they expect hundreds of members on the first week.

Something like that, but it's more that they don't think....
Why in the hell would I even try to find some time, to create a forum on a subject which is covered over Millions of times on the internet, because I can do it better, yea right.... lol....
The sad part is, they give up once they realize that it won't work as easy as they tought, and once they do get an original idea, they are like, ahhh, it won't work anyway... well sad... But good for others like us to take the idea and do something with it.
OP : Yeah I agree wit you ( kinda ) Smile