Support Forums

Full Version: A few Questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Can Linux get malware?
2. Programming languages i can use to Make pogramms in linux?
3.Encryption software for linux?
4. See active connections linux?
Can i please have some answers i just installed linux and i have no idea how it works but i want to learn
im using Ubunto
1) Yes. Rootkits are one example of malware that can be used on Linux.
2) Perl, Python, Java, C, C++, ASM, BASH
3) What type of encryption are you talking about?
4) netstat, same as Windows. Type "man netstat" for help.
(05-14-2011, 09:04 PM)Sly Wrote: [ -> ]1) Yes. Rootkits are one example of malware that can be used on Linux.
2) Perl, Python, Java, C, C++, ASM, BASH
3) What type of encryption are you talking about?
4) netstat, same as Windows. Type "man netstat" for help.
Thank you very much, i mean full drive encryption so it is pretty muhc impossiblefor anyone to access it, and can you help me find the c++ thing i can code in (Compiler) i cant seem to find one
You can use G++ for a C++ compiler on Linux.

As far as drive encryption, some distros offer it when you install (such as Fedora). You also have the option of encrypting your drive with Truecrypt.
You can get some rootkits on Linux, but I don't think it's ordinary, more likely rare.
(05-14-2011, 10:16 PM)M_a_X Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much, i mean full drive encryption so it is pretty muhc impossiblefor anyone to access it, and can you help me find the c++ thing i can code in (Compiler) i cant seem to find one

Truecrypt works on Linux, and would encrypt your entire HDD (not just your /home/ folder)