Support Forums

Full Version: Anti Virus Discussion and Facts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Why Buy Antivirus Software?

Antivirus Software: What to Look For

Below are the criteria Top Ten REVIEWS uses to evaluate and compare antivirus software:

Scope of Protection

Effectiveness

Ease of Installation and Setup

Ease of Use

Features

Updates

Help & Support
Also, for more information and a really good chart comparison of a ton of anti viruses, please click here.

Hope this clear a few things, I know many of you here at Support Forums may or may not know a good amount of knowledge in regards to Anit-Viruses.

Discussion:

What is your favorite free/paid anti virus software?
I use Linux, and I get to laugh at this thread. :x
(05-14-2011, 07:28 PM)Sly Wrote: [ -> ]I use Linux, and I get to laugh at this thread. :x
Me tooo! Bahahahahaha
Linux is the black man of operating systems it is fast and if you feed it chicken its happy
Chicken = love
Windows is no longer the erian race!
My favorite Anti Virus is Malbytes Anti Malware. It's free and effective. But I also have Norton and Webroot on all my computers as they came with the computer. They provide very poor protection so for anyone reading I don't suggest purchasing them.
(05-14-2011, 10:47 PM)Amp™ Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite Anti Virus is Malbytes Anti Malware.

The said program is not even an anti-virus. It is just a scanner.
I am currently using Comodo Internet security PRO. I like it, but when it scans, my FF, get very slow, and breaks down after 5 minutes of scanning. But also it got a great firewall, and some great features, as sandbox, and defense.

But honestly, i don't feel secure. I would go back to Microsoft, but i had problems with it. That it wouldn't even start, and sometimes it just disappeared.
I would not recommend Comodo for an anti-virus. It's firewall is superb, nevertheless.
This is a very good thread. I prefer Avira as my AV. The thing I miss in the thread is it doesn't say anything about system resources. I have a pretty old computer and so I want an AV which is light on system resources. That is one more reason I go for Avira.
(05-15-2011, 03:44 AM)bling111 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very good thread. I prefer Avira as my AV. The thing I miss in the thread is it doesn't say anything about system resources. I have a pretty old computer and so I want an AV which is light on system resources. That is one more reason I go for Avira.

Cheers to that -- a fellow Avira user has bound to have good taste. :p
(05-15-2011, 03:09 AM)Quintus Wrote: [ -> ]I would not recommend Comodo for an anti-virus. It's firewall is superb, nevertheless.
I use it as my firewall and love it, and I use Avira as my Anti-Virus.
Pages: 1 2 3 4