Support Forums

Full Version: Universal Serial Bus Ports Disabled? USB Flashdrives unreadable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK... This is messed up. My USB drive ports can read everything except my USB drives. It is really wierd, it can even read the External Hard Drive too. But everything except my two flashdrives... Please help me!
I've had this problem but mine was just a little more complicated. I'm not too sure if you have the same problem.
1 ) Do the USB drives work on other computers?
2 ) Did you recently update your Windows XP SP2 to SP3 ? ( Ignore if you have any other OS )
(05-15-2011, 07:16 AM)Telhast Wrote: [ -> ]I've had this problem but mine was just a little more complicated. I'm not too sure if you have the same problem.
1 ) Do the USB drives work on other computers?
2 ) Did you recently update your Windows XP SP2 to SP3 ? ( Ignore if you have any other OS )

I fixed it, a virus I had disabled it all. Thanks for your concern.
(05-15-2011, 11:57 AM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed it, a virus I had disabled it all. Thanks for your concern.

No problem mate. I experienced this problem due to the windows update from SP2 to SP3. When I went back to SP2 then the USB ports started working again.
What did you use to clean the virus?