Support Forums

Full Version: Will not Boot from Disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I torrented Windows 7 64 Bit last night because I was tired of having my RAM capped and was preparing to install it from the DVD I burnt it to but I'm having a little issue.

For the life of me, I cannot get my computer to boot from the disk, it just boots Windows 7 normally no matter what I do. I'm getting pretty frustrated at the moment and am in need of some assistance.

I read a post on some forum somewhere after doing a lot of googleing, that it could have something to do with my BIOS boot order being set to HDD first rather than DVD or something but I cannot get my computer to restart into BIOS/CMOS either .

Help?
When you first turn your computer on, and you see the logo of the company that made your computer (e.g. dell) have a look on the bottom of the screen, normally it will say "press F10 for BIOS" or "Press F2 to choose boot device" press whatever it tells you to press, then if your in BIOS, go to the boot menu and change the priority so that the dvd drive is higher priority than the hdd, OR if your in the boot selection menu, just choose the dvd drive
Have you tried booting the disc off another computer? Maybe it is something wrong with the disc. I had the same problem and then I realized that I was using a bad disc.

If it boots normally on another computer then it might be something wrong with the optical drive. Make sure that your optical drive supports DVDs.

And you need a 64 bit processor to use the disc by the way. But I think that you already knew that.
You don't even need to boot from the disc. Just boot your computer normally. Then download MagicISO http://www.magiciso.com/

You will then be able to mount the ISO that is burned on the DVD as a virtual disc drive. You can then run setup.exe from there. Let me know if you need help with this.
It's usually F8 for advanced boot options and F12 loads the BIOS. However can't you use Dameon Tools?
Use Plop boot manager .. it is damn easy .. http://hacktohell.blogspot.com/2010/11/b...pport.html see this , I use this , I do not like messing around in BIOS except when overclocking Smile
You can also install the torrent versions from your USB Drive. It can save you a disk Tongue
For that you may need to set the boot device priority to DVD.
GO to BIOS and check the boot device prioirity to first your CD/DVD then hard disk and so on...