Support Forums

Full Version: [TUT] Reduce lag while playing online [70% Effective]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In this thread I'll show you some methods that , alone are sh*t but together are infallible. So this will be a combination of methods that will help you reducing the lag while playing Online Games .
The methods I'll be showing below are useful to make a correct management of your computer too . Blackhat

**Method 1**

So what we will be doing in this 1st method is improve the performance of our computer to play online.

1.1) So click with the right button in "My Computer" icon, and click proprieties. Now go to the Advanced Tab / Performance / Settings .
Click on the Radio Button that says "Adjust for the best Performance"

This will disable Aero, make your computer way faster and will help you reducing the Lag.

**Method 2**

In this 2nd method we will make our computer run faster by freeing more RAM .

2.1) So click "CRTL+ALT+DEL" or "CTRL+SHIF+ESQ". The task manager will come up. Go to the processes tab and close useless processes like Antivirus, Updates (Google Updates / Adobe Updates / etc).

You'll now have more free RAM to play.

**Method 3**

In the 3rd method we will be cleaning and organizing our pc so the game goes faster .

You'll need 2 programs to accomplish this task successfully.
CCleaner
Defraggler

3.1) So Download both programs and install them .

3.2) Firstly open CCleaner and click " analyze " . If its the first time your doing this it will catch 5 to 10 GB of Trash on your pc.
When it finishes analyzing click "Clean".
Now go to the registry tab and click "Seach for Errors".
After finishing click " Fix founded Errors " and say no to the message box that will appear.

3.3) Now close CCleaner and open Defraggler.
Click analyze and then Defrag.
Wait until it finish and close it .

3.4) After all that, run the Windows System Cleaning software and run it to see how much space can you free.
Clean as much trash as you can .

3.5) Another thing that will boost your computer performance is to make a deep scan with your antivirus to find viruses that might be slowing down your pc.

You might now have your pc clean and organized .

**Method 4**

In the 4th method we will be improving our Internet Connection Performance.

4.1) So , close everything that uses your current internet connection such as Bittorrent, Orbit, MSN, AIM, and stuff of that nature.

4.2) If you have any other pc's connected to your network , turn them off .

So now, the internet connection is only being used for your online game.

And you just reduced the Lag in 70% ! Yeye
Written by iCrack (for HF tho Roflmao)
English could've made some of your screenshots easier to follow, but you get the idea.

Also I suggest changing the text color as some are very bright and a strain on the eyes at times.

On another note, I suggest those following this tutorial to be very careful when managing processes, and be sure to know what you're ending, as it can be an important component to the functionality of your computer!

Aside from all that, good guide. Should help some novice PCers. Smile
(05-12-2011, 12:48 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]English could've made some of your screenshots easier to follow, but you get the idea.

Also I suggest changing the text color as some are very bright and a strain on the eyes at times.

On another note, I suggest those following this tutorial to be very careful when managing processes, and be sure to know what you're ending, as it can be an important component to the functionality of your computer!

Aside from all that, good guide. Should help some novice PCers. Smile

@1 I'm portuguese so most of my programs are installed in Portuguese... :S
@2 About the colors, that's because I posted on HF sometime ago and now I just copied and paste it here because I thought it could be useful...
@3 Yeah...

Thanks... Oui
The language doesn't take away from the presentation, it was just unexpected and caught me off guard a bit. The selections are in the same spots, people should be able to follow along easily. Smile
good guide but i have to agree that the non-english is a little annoying. But I am sure that this will help many people out
Game Booster is very effective.
Good guide. I usually use Auslogics boostspeed to do all the work for me. There is also Game Booster included with that.
Your english didn't bug me that much may be because i am also non english and have a shitty grammar lol.

About tutorial: very nicely and well explained tutorial, i know 2 of these methods, but still a nice contribution to the community.
Very nice tutorial man. Thanks a lot!
Great tutorial, i hate it when i play online games and it lags all the time, i'll give this a try now.
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4