Support Forums

Full Version: SupportBot (coded by Infinity)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I now have a functional IRC bot for the #SupportForums channel called "SupportBot"

Features currently include commands on:
!help
!roominfo
!rules

# Messages on Join/part for the $nick variable
# Automessage on PM/query to the bot, which will notify $botowner (me/Infinity) with their text in the query
# Random responses when SupportBot is said in the channel
# IRC server and room text displayed in command window (cmd.exe)

This was coded in perl by myself as an extra project. It will identify itself to the server with it's password and respond to pings so that it doesn't get kicked off the server or disconnected.

More commands will be coming soon. Suggestions are welcome, and i'm also looking for some more Random replies for the bot to say when its nickname is mentioned in the channel.

Here's a preview
Here are some random suggestions for what the bot would say if it's name was mentioned in a chat:

1. You talking to me n*****?
2. Sup
3. Hi
4. Yo
5. What's cookin', good lukin?
hi Infinity,nice work by the looks of it.
chat bots have really come on from what they used to be like.
is it able to look after the room and make sure no one spams it or does anything else nasty?

am going to download xchat now and join the room,been meaning to check out SFs chat for ages,never got replied to on HFs tinychat so got a bit put off live chats again.

Looks very nice indeed and I think I have seen it in action. (You code in notepad++? o.o)
(05-09-2011, 12:28 PM)sp0rky Wrote: [ -> ]Here are some random suggestions for what the bot would say if it's name was mentioned in a chat:

1. You talking to me nigga?
2. Sup
3. Hi
4. Yo
5. What's cookin', good lukin?

Thanks for the suggestions.

(05-09-2011, 01:57 PM)Techie© Wrote: [ -> ]hi Infinity,nice work by the looks of it.
chat bots have really come on from what they used to be like.
is it able to look after the room and make sure no one spams it or does anything else nasty?

am going to download xchat now and join the room,been meaning to check out SFs chat for ages,never got replied to on HFs tinychat so got a bit put off live chats again.

That may be implemented, but I keep it +v for now because it doesn't have to do any Op functions. If I was to add a kicker for a spam/flood control there I would have to give him auto mode +o in the channel.

(05-09-2011, 02:14 PM)Carbon Nox Wrote: [ -> ]Looks very nice indeed and I think I have seen it in action. (You code in notepad++? o.o)

Yeah, perl is just a scripting language, ActivePerl interprets my code through an environment variable in command prompt.
Wow bro, your so amazing. I love the irc and its bots. <3
Now make a chat thing lol.
Nice work, now make it help people with their personal issues Tongue
(05-09-2011, 05:05 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work, now make it help people with their personal issues Tongue

That would take a lot of on_text replies lol. No one responds to a question in the same way, and technology doesn't have sympathy for people. That would be called artificial intelligence, which you could make somewhat possible in LISP.
Hey add a spam blocking feature just in case people get the idea. Oops. xD
There's a channel control for that already inputed, # of lines per # of seconds, I won't reveal those numbers though. But it has a flood control.