Support Forums

Full Version: Got A New Motherboard, but have a problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, after my old motherboard blew from a shortage of circuits (my fudge up for turning it on) I got a new one. The problem is with my old motherboard, I had the Realtek audio program, and the CD which installed it. Note: The CD was for my old motherboard. Now with my new motherboard, I can't get Realtek, as the CD for installing the motherboard didn't include it.

I know this is a stupid question, but if I use the CD for my old motherboard to install Realtek on the new one, will the motherboard I currently have fudge up?
Do a search online for your motherboard and include "drivers" in the search. If the sound card is built into the motherboard more than likely it can be a different sound card and you'll need the proper drivers for it. You can always try and install from the CD you have, it's not going to hurt anything.. you'll just want to remove the drivers if it doesn't work. Almost all drivers for everything can be found online, though.
Thanks Cuthbertx. I'll install the CD and see what happens. If all doesn't turn out well, I'll download the driver from the net.
Thanks again!