Support Forums

Full Version: Visual Basic Application Submittion Security.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, it is about three months now in a row and I have defended SF from about 5 people who had distributed malware in the VB Section.

Proof:
[Image: 8006f022ba31ca07739178cf33c3da74.png]

Thread: Twitter Bot (DO NOT DOWNLOAD)

And I think our moderators need to look into that section more, as in decompiling and running tests on those applications.

This is getting over the line, and out of hand.

/Discuss
It would require knowledge from the Moderators to decompile and read. Something which I persume not a lot of people obtain. Simple tests can be ran though such as sandboxie, Running in a VM and using MBAM to see if it makes a connection.

//Thread support.
That's not proper proof and I don't think the thread should of been deleted so fast.
I would have to decompile and check myself but is that not just enabling a proxy?
Which you would expect in a twitter bot.
(05-08-2011, 04:01 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]That's not proper proof and I don't think the thread should of been deleted so fast.
I would have to decompile and check myself but is that not just enabling a proxy?
Which you would expect in a twitter bot.

What the hell are you smoking because it sure ain't you regular herbs man!

That thing was malicious and your supporting it. SupportForums is to support people, not to SupportMalware< (you see what I did there lol)
(05-08-2011, 04:06 PM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]What the hell are you smoking because it sure ain't you regular herbs man!

That thing was malicious and your supporting it. SupportForums is to support people, not to SupportMalware< (you see what I did there lol)

No I'm saying don't judge without full proof.
Do you even know what the program does that is malicious?
Lots of safe bots get detected as malicious programs.
This is the first, maybe second time a program has alarmed security software here. You seem to be implying it happens on a regular basis.
(05-08-2011, 04:13 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]This is the first, maybe second time a program has alarmed security software here. You seem to be implying it happens on a regular basis.

I don't know, really I have collected the amount of times and it seems to happen at least once every two weeks or so. One day i'll be on vacation and unable to report that stuff, then what?
Ever heard of false positivies?
Happens all the time, I deal with them everyday on a website I moderate.
You can't just rely on anti-virus programs because a lot of times they are wrong.
That's why you need to properly decompile.
For instance you don't even know what the malicious thing was in the program if there was anything malicious at all!
(05-08-2011, 04:22 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Ever heard of false positivies?
Happens all the time, I deal with them everyday on a website I moderate.
You can't just rely on anti-virus programs because a lot of times they are wrong.
That's why you need to properly decompile.
For instance you don't even know what the malicious thing was in the program if there was anything malicious at all!

Dang, now I am freaked out about my laptop. This is so uncool.

It. Was. Modifying. A. Protected. Registry. Key. Nuff' said.
(05-08-2011, 04:28 PM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]Dang, now I am freaked out about my laptop. This is so uncool.

It. Was. Modifying. A. Protected. Registry. Key. Nuff' said.

You really must not know alot, sorry. I know you are trying to help but a lot of SAFE programs modify protected registry keys. That's no proof at all.
Pages: 1 2