Support Forums

Full Version: Is This A Good Laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to find a good CHEAP laptop. I don't do anything major in terms of gaming or sever multi-tasking.

I was browsing around, and I found this decent laptop on-sale. It's only $279.00 CAD with $220 off, so I figure it's a bargain.

I'm not very good with computers in terms of hardware, so please let me know if you think this laptop is worth the money.

Thanks!

LAPTOP: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.a...tab=1#more
What do you plan on doing? Surfing the interwebs? Since that all about your going to be able to do. You can watch videos etc but nothing major like rendering a project.

From what I can see, this was built in 06 and was the pinnacle of technology. The price is more than I would pay.
Yeah it's good for its money's worth if you are just using it for general use and not gaming or any multimedia stuff.
(05-08-2011, 03:22 PM)Carbon Nox Wrote: [ -> ]What do you plan on doing? Surfing the interwebs? Since that all about your going to be able to do. You can watch videos etc but nothing major like rendering a project.

From what I can see, this was built in 06 and was the pinnacle of technology. The price is more than I would pay.

How do you know this is from 2006? I attempted to research this model but couldn't come up with any information on it other than advertisements relating to sales.
(05-08-2011, 03:42 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's good for its money's worth if you are just using it for general use and not gaming or any multimedia stuff.

I will mainly be using it for school and work. A lot of e-mailing, social networking, word processing, some excel stuff, watching movies/online videos, etc.

The computer I am using right now is a nice desktop that I can use for anything that is too "heavy-duty" for the laptop's RAM and PROCESSOR. I just need something portable that I can take to school, a coffee-shop or while travelling.

Thanks for your input. Keep it coming guys. I appreciate it!
It's very average. The processor isn't so good.
I think you should upgrade if you're doing all that on it.
(05-08-2011, 04:57 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]It's very average. The processor isn't so good.
I think you should upgrade if you're doing all that on it.

My plan is to upgrade if I find that the materials within are unsuitable once purchased. Thanks for your feedback.
It's good for the price you are paying.
If you plan on using this long term, I suggest saving up for a little while longer. For $400, there's tons of good laptops that will last longer and have much better performance than that. But if it's just for school work and emailing, you should be fine.
For gaming no, it only has 2 gigs and has a average processor, I can almost guarantee you lots of crashes when playing video games on it. Just save some money and get a real good one.
(05-12-2011, 05:41 PM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]For gaming no, it only has 2 gigs and has a average processor, I can almost guarantee you lots of crashes when playing video games on it. Just save some money and get a real good one.

I don't play video games often, but when I do I do it through my XBOX. Thanks though!
Pages: 1 2