Support Forums

Full Version: [TuT]How to decrease the lag in your Counter-Strike 1.6 server[For newbies]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Variant One. Without installing anything.
  • Run your server (hlds.exe).
  • Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+Delete)
  • Tab Processes>Find your server (hlds.exe). Click with right button Set Priority>High.

Variant Two. Metamod -P.
  • Download Metamod P. (See links below)
  • Put metamod.dll in cstrike/addons/metamod/dlls.

Variant Three. Adding Ping Boosters to Metamod.
Actually ping booster is a simple program (.dll). It improves ping rates and settings.

Here is some boosters.
* mmtimer - Recommended!
* WINHL-Booster
* Ping Booster
* Booster Lite

How to install mmtimer?
- Create a folder "mmtimer" in cstrike/addons and copy the content from folder "bin" in cstrike/addons/mmtimer
- Open addons/metamod/plugins.ini and add:

Code:
win32 addons\mmtimer\mmtimer.dll
linux addons/mmtimer/mmtimer_i386.so

Downloads[Image: icon_report.jpg]
[Image: compressed.png] Metamod P (Windows/Linux)

[Image: compressed.png] Ping Booster

[Image: compressed.png] WINHL Booster

[Image: compressed.png] MMtimer
Isn't this just for FPS lag? Im not 100% sure though.
I found one for WoW wich just includes adding something in regedit. Im not sure if it works for other games, but maybe Tongue
I don't have any lag ingame, but thanks anyways.
Looks good. I'll probably give it a shot!
This is great. I use the metamod method and get barely no lag but the other method looks promising as well.
Thanks, guys. I am glad I helped you out.
None the less very nice contribution to the comunity, i knew about metamod way. But actualy server lag really depends upon the traffic and internet speed. And yeah while playing avoid yahoo or msn running in the back ground it also lags the server
Thank's man this actually helped me.
(05-08-2011, 06:52 AM)Bengan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any lag ingame, but thanks anyways.

Fine enjoy,
But bad luck to me.
For the past three months,i had lag issue on battlefield heroes.Before joining this game my ping rate is 80-90 and after 10 minutes my ping value goes to 1000+ and kicked from my game server.One of my friends gave some of the following tips to reduce my ping.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I followed all the above tips.Now my ping is reduced from 1000 to 250.
I never had any lag issue.I checked whether it's my ping(lag) is reduced than before or not using http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx I got good results.If anyone have a lag problem like me,try the same steps.I hope it will be very useful for high ping players.
Great tutorial, thanks dude Smile

Icy