Support Forums

Full Version: Another attack on PSN.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, it looked like PSN was back to being online, until Personal details of ~2,500 people were posted on a old Playstation website, including names and “some addresses”. So this is adding more delays.

Sony may be offering a “reward” for catching these hackers.

Full article:
Quote:Sony on Friday said it would have to further delay the return of PlayStation Network following a massive security breach, just as reports stated hackers posted personal details stolen from a Sony database.

According to Reuters report out of Tokyo, Sony was able to remove those published details from a website, although the report didn’t say exactly what website hosted the stolen information.

Personal details of some 2,500 people were posted, including names and “some addresses” that were in a 2001 database. The security breach has affected 77 million PSN and Qriocity accounts, and 24.6 million Sony Online Entertainment accounts.

The news of the publishing of the details comes just as Sony confirmed that PSN would not be relaunching some network services as soon as planned. Previously, the company said it hoped to start a relaunch within a week of a PSN press conference that occurred April 30.

And on Thursday, Sony Computer Entertainment America said that it was in the final stages of testing its new security system. But a Sony spokeswoman confirmed with Reuters that relaunching within the original expected time frame would not be possible, and there is no firm date for the return of online services.

The latest note from SCEA senior director of corporate communications Patrick Seybold on Friday night said, “When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week.”

“We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system,” he added. “…Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online.”

Sony is also reportedly considering offering a reward for help in catching the perpetrators of the cyber attack, according to Wall Street Journal’s All Things Digital blog, which cited “people familiar with the matter.”

The reward may or may not be implemented, the report said, as Sony executives are weighing the pros and cons of such a move, which would be made in coordination with law enforcement.

I'm so happy that I didn't put my credit card information on the PSN. I still ask myself who is behind all these attacks..
I was disappointed at first with Sony's lack dissmal security and fed up with PSN being offline. But then I learn to cope with it.
Single Player Campaign Mode <3
(05-07-2011, 12:51 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]I was disappointed at first with Sony's lack dissmal security and fed up with PSN being offline. But then I learn to cope with it.
Single Player Campaign Mode <3

I get really bored without multiplayer since like the first year I got PlayStation I didn't update waiting for a Custom firmware. And now that I updated, PSN is offline Omg
why are these hackers hacking a game network they have nothing better to do? Cant they go hack a bank or something..( like usual) jeez... O and this belongs in the gaming section..
PS3 Online is horrible there losing Alot of money and customers due to this
The PS3 is now $100 off because of all these PSN hackings. It's pretty ridiculous how all of this could happen to such a big company. If your credit card is stolen, could you sue Sony?
(05-12-2011, 05:44 PM)Amp™ Wrote: [ -> ]The PS3 is now $100 off because of all these PSN hackings. It's pretty ridiculous how all of this could happen to such a big company. If your credit card is stolen, could you sue Sony?

Probably. I'm not sure. I wouldn't sue Sony. I'd rather not delay them and just get PSN back online.
I think it was DDos- ed!
(05-13-2011, 04:29 AM)begginer Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was DDos- ed!

No, it wasn't DDos- ed.
Pages: 1 2