Support Forums

Full Version: Windows update keeps failing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following dilemma has been going on for almost two weeks now and I've tried to fix it to no avail :/

Whenever I boot Windows 7, it displays the following:
Quote:Configuring Windows updates
0% complete...

After 10 minutes of this display (at 0%), it displays the following message:
Quote:Failure configuring Windows update
Reverting changes

Then it continues to the log in page. This keeps happening everytime I boot Windows since the past few weeks.

I have the original Windows 7 and everything else is running perfectly.

Can anyone help?
What is it installing at 0%? Does it happen when it is installing MSXML 4.0 SP2?
I got an idea, that while you were download the updates. The files could have been corrupted. And that is why, you can go back to the day before you where download the updates. Then download them again, and see if it happens again.
(05-07-2011, 05:46 AM)bling111 Wrote: [ -> ]What is it installing at 0%? Does it happen when it is installing MSXML 4.0 SP2?

I'll check and let you know.

(05-07-2011, 05:53 AM)The Stig Wrote: [ -> ]I got an idea, that while you were download the updates. The files could have been corrupted. And that is why, you can go back to the day before you where download the updates. Then download them again, and see if it happens again.

That was my second option. It didn't work.