Support Forums

Full Version: Dead Section? We need to bump it up...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So this section its 'very' dead man! The only ones I see posting around are Infinity, The High Roller, and KoBE...
We need something to bump this section UP! Pirate

C'mon give ideas!
Pump. Pump the jam. Pump it up... oh, sorry I got carried away with some 90s music for a second. How about you post a challenge iCrack, everyone's doing it! I would post another but I'm about to get wasted in t-minus right now so I don't have time.

@Infinity.. since you will undoubtedly read this, if you have time you should post another challenge. The last one you posted was pretty cool.
haha, you read my mind, I did come across the thread to read it. I think I have a good idea for a new project, something useful. But it would involve more hashes. A duplicate file finder. I already coded it in perl so I don't have a use for a program that does it, but i'll try to think of something more unique.

The duplicate file finder would be useful for any music libraries, where the filenames of different songs you have may allow for duplicate mp3's or wav's you have on your computer. Same thing with picture files, or video files if you have lots of them.

But i'm thinking I would like to try something different than that this time... I'll keep thinking of something to program in vb, and see what comes up.

Those posts by the way (@iCrack) were originally based off of another thread like this, where we came up with a coding challenge concept. Turned out we were the only ones anyway that started coding them, but I didn't mind doing a few of the projects, quite fun to see the different ways and styles other members use to accomplish each project.

I'm thinking... Another idea I had was a collaborated project. Something that we could all contribute towards for a final program/application. Then we could make an official release for it on SF. We would just need to have a good idea of something that other people on the forum could find useful, so that they will download and use it. We could probably convince Omni to make a board announcement for it, if we did a good enough job on it too. It wouldn't take too much of his time to do that, and he has nothing to lose really, as long as we work towards a decent finished project.

Yes that is true. This section is dieing as well as the other coding language sections. We need to promote it somehow, I wish some HQ-HF users came to SF for the coding section, and didn't post about damn cracks. We really need more promotion. What can we possibly do?
(05-05-2011, 07:04 PM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that is true. This section is dieing as well as the other coding language sections. We need to promote it somehow, I wish some HQ-HF users came to SF for the coding section, and didn't post about damn cracks. We really need more promotion. What can we possibly do?

Don't worry, you can teach me Victoire

Back to topic, how about some SF youtube videos with great catching titles?
Just look at KipKay, gigafide and others, they have great sounding titles and stuff that people want to do. As a example: TinkerNut (gigafide) has a video that teaches you how to shut down a pc from a cellphone, it has over 1,000,000 views!

What do you think?

(I hope I am not sounding to brashSmile )

Inventor1

Well I must have uploaded at least 4-6 SF videos to my youtube channel by now with tutorials and other demonstrations for my coded tools and such.
Well, I personally don't like .NET or Visual Basic, so that's why I don't post in here. Besides this.
(05-05-2011, 08:33 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Well I must have uploaded at least 4-6 SF videos to my youtube channel by now with tutorials and other demonstrations for my coded tools and such.

What's your channel link? I also thought about releasing some vids and sending people here for the source.
So I see you all agree with me... I like the Infinity ideas... Duplicate File Finder would be a good project...
I'm thinking about my challenge #5... If I come up with something I'll post it...

'till then... (if you think of something post the challenge #5 before me)
(05-06-2011, 09:44 AM)KoBE Wrote: [ -> ]What's your channel link? I also thought about releasing some vids and sending people here for the source.

I'd also like to see your videosSmile

Inventor1
Pages: 1 2