Support Forums

Full Version: Suggestion, lock our own topics.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I noticed that we have very good staff here. The problem is that they are not always around witch is expected. So I think we should have the ability to lock our own topics. This would benefit everybody, including the HJT squad. As of now we have to wait for our professor to close out topics, instead we could just do it ourselves at the appropriate time. Also this would allow us to cut back on the spam and grave digging. For instance my thread were I wanted some opinions on my gfx, I had people posting after I deleted the pictures from my site. Also there are people constantly just not letting a topic that has have its question answered die. So I really don't see any negative side affects to this ability. Yet it is not my choice but I would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on the matter. Thanks for reading and I hope Omni takes it into consideration.
I always thought you could close your thread...

I think HJT Professors should be able to post in closed threads within the HJT Section just saying.
(05-02-2011, 04:30 PM)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought you could close your thread...

I think HJT Professors should be able to post in closed threads within the HJT Section just saying.
Well the only active professor I know of, Quintus, has the power of a sectional mod so he can lock, delete, unlock topics and or move topics and posts.
I never found the need for this. Quintus does it for me. Tongue
I agree with this, locking threads is a hassle for staff and it's a godsend to us Big Grin
I would really appreciate that feature being granted to us. It is a great opportunity and I don't see any reason as to why it should and should cause any chaos nor abuse of privileges. Agreed?
No need for this for all members, in my opinion. Unless Omniscient makes it like a similar system to his other forum, where upgraded members get the ability. But, instead of doing it for upgraded members, do it for members who have over xxx amount of posts, maybe.
(05-02-2011, 07:18 PM)Grumpy Wrote: [ -> ]No need for this for all members, in my opinion. Unless Omniscient makes it like a similar system to his other forum, where upgraded members get the ability. But, instead of doing it for upgraded members, do it for members who have over xxx amount of posts, maybe.

Yes that will prove that the member is more high-quality, not that low post count members are not Wacko; there are members that just joined the forums -.- I think that idea is ingenious. Omniscient already announced he would not ever have upgraded ranks in member profiling such as HF.
(05-02-2011, 07:21 PM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that will prove that the member is more high-quality, not that low post count members are not Wacko; there are members that just joined the forums -.- I think that idea is ingenious. Omniscient already announced he would not ever have upgraded ranks in member profiling such as HF.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion no need to get mad.
(05-02-2011, 07:25 PM)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone is entitled to their opinion no need to get mad.

Please explain to me as to how I am getting "mad". I'd love to know and I will stop posting this the ridiculous conversation because it is just increasing post count Oui.
Pages: 1 2 3