Support Forums

Full Version: [HELP] Is This A Good Laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I'm planning to buy this laptop MSI FX420:
[Image: product_5470.jpg]

Specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor (3Mb Cache, 2.30GHz to 2.90GHz)
Chipset:Intel® HM65
Memory:8GB DDR3
LCD Size:14” TFT LCD
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD6470
Graphics VRAM :1Gb DDR3 VRAM
HDD (GB):500G
Optical Drive:Super-Multi / Blu-Ray
Audio:2 Theater Class Speakers
Webcam:1.3M
Card Reader:SDXC/MMC
LAN:10/100/1000
Wireless LAN;802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth:Optional
D-Sub (VGA):1
HDMI:1
USB 2.0 port:2
USB 3.0 port:2
eSATA:N/A
eSATA/USB Combo:N/A
Mic-in/Headphone-out:1
Line-in:N/A
Express Card:N/A
Modem port:1
Keyboard:87 keys
AC Adapter:90W
Battery:6 Cells
Power Management:N/A
Dimension:350(L)x234(W)x33.5(H)mm
Weight (KG):2.2

Price: 771.091 USD

Is it worth buying for? I think yes because of the 8GB DDR3 RAM. Is this a good laptop even though its only a TFT LCD and not a LED one? also, are MSI laptops good? by the way, i'm planning to use this laptop for video editing and also for gaming.

thanks guys!
I think it's worth buying, for the specs. But, MSI has a lot of bad rep; so I've heard.

The MSI netbook is most notable for use as a Hackintosh. You could convert one with little little problem.
(04-30-2011, 02:39 AM)eax Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's worth buying, for the specs. But, MSI has a lot of bad rep; so I've heard.

The MSI netbook is most notable for use as a Hackintosh. You could convert one with little little problem.

thanks for your reply mate. but I really want to buy this because of the specs. my budget is only $700-800. i think that's the only pc that i've seen with that kinds of specs for an affordable price.
(04-29-2011, 06:05 PM)elvinguitar Wrote: [ -> ]Is it worth buying for? I think yes because of the 8GB DDR3 RAM. Is this a good laptop even though its only a TFT LCD and not a LED one? also, are MSI laptops good? by the way, i'm planning to use this laptop for video editing and also for gaming.

8GB RAM doesn't matter, 4 is more than enough for almost all laptops.
If you're planning on using it for video editing and gaming surely you want a bigger screen than 14"?
It's really good, even better then my desktop PC -_-
I'd say its good. I would get one if I could get it in here.
Go for it.
thanks for the help guys. which is better brand? MSI or Acer?

which is better between the laptop i've posted or this one: http://www.pccorner.com.ph/products.do?a...uctid=5439
Personally for me Acer has a better quality.
Hell yeah its a good laptop. I've played with and fix msi laptops. I personally like them. 8 gigs of ram is to much but it don't hurt.
From the stats of the computer it seems good.
Pages: 1 2 3