Support Forums

Full Version: Spam Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: spam.png]

Okay so here's the deal. This thread is all about Spam. I've never tried it before and want to know what you guys think about it. Recipes? I want to buy some tonight and try something.

Lets spam this thread!
Don't eat any of the processed crap, it says chopped pork and ham, and i'm sure it would taste a lot better if you made your own "SPAM" by mixing those 2 ingredients if you wanted to try it out. They put preservative junk in this so that the producer can keep it longer on the shelf if it's not in demand, increasing the amount of time they have to sell it and gain profits from it. They don't care about your health.
(04-28-2011, 05:36 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Don't eat any of the processed crap, it says chopped pork and ham, and i'm sure it would taste a lot better if you made your own "SPAM" by mixing those 2 ingredients if you wanted to try it out. They put preservative junk in this so that the producer can keep it longer on the shelf if it's not in demand, increasing the amount of time they have to sell it and gain profits from it. They don't care about your health.

I know all that, and this is just a one time thing. I've never tried Spam and just want to try it. I know how bad it is for you haha, I mean c'mon meat that stays in cans on shelves? No refrigeration? It isn't natural XD
The military ordered over 20 thousand tons of spam in WWII. It can't be that bad. [:
I used to eat it as a kid.
Sometimes I had it raw (not bad).
Usually my mum cut it up in slices and fried it in the pan, was nice! (Unhealty though)
Looks like its not really healthy though. I wouldnt eat that :S.
I always keep a can in my dorm for the times that I run out of cash for food.

A good (but certainly not healthy) emergency recipe I did was dice some of the spam and eat it with cup noodles.
Another one is make a spam-cheese omelet.
I have to say, spam-getthi is kinda good.
(05-05-2011, 06:53 AM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]I always keep a can in my dorm for the times that I run out of cash for food.

A good (but certainly not healthy) emergency recipe I did was dice some of the spam and eat it with cup noodles.
Another one is make a spam-cheese omelet.
I have to say, spam-getthi is kinda good.

What is its texture like? Is it chewy? Tough? or what? And thank you I think the omelet sounds like a great first taste Smile
I personally have never tried but I have never heard any good reviews about it to make me want to try it. I've heard its unhealthy and processed. Kinda curious though to what it tastes like lol.
(05-05-2011, 08:58 AM)Veryx Wrote: [ -> ]What is its texture like? Is it chewy? Tough? or what? And thank you I think the omelet sounds like a great first taste Smile

If you've eaten meatloaf, then you'd have a clue of the texture. It's soft but not chewy, it's like a cross between ham and hash corned-beef. It's not bad, really; just a little salty in the first bite.