Support Forums

Full Version: Good music stuff?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, what programs do you guys use to do sound? do any of you actually have like a small home studio or just use programs?? What plugins do you recommend? i have fl studio 9 and i am wanting EZDrummer and Drum Kit from Hell plugin for it but i don't have the money at the moment. I also use audacity, and am wanting to get the stuff to make my own home studio.
You have a lot to learn about in FL from what it sounds like. Search up some of the most popular VST's and see if you can get them to play around with. I'm not sure how far you've gotten in FL though..

You can do much more all within FL if you know how to use it. Audacity is just a small editor, but it's free, popular, and still works fairly well for basic functions on sound editing/recording.
(04-28-2011, 05:33 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]You have a lot to learn about in FL from what it sounds like. Search up some of the most popular VST's and see if you can get them to play around with. I'm not sure how far you've gotten in FL though..

You can do much more all within FL if you know how to use it. Audacity is just a small editor, but it's free, popular, and still works fairly well for basic functions on sound editing/recording.

You are correct I downloaded like 3gb of video tutorials I am gonna start working on watching tommorow.
(04-28-2011, 05:47 PM)Psychosis Wrote: [ -> ]You are correct I downloaded like 3gb of video tutorials I am gonna start working on watching tommorow.

FL Studio was difficult for me to start really learning apart from the basics, but I can tell you that you'll need to know about the Mixer, mixing tracks, assigning patterns a channel, Automation, and saving the file into an mp3 with good quality. The rest is up to you and your creativity.
(04-28-2011, 05:55 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]FL Studio was difficult for me to start really learning apart from the basics, but I can tell you that you'll need to know about the Mixer, mixing tracks, assigning patterns a channel, Automation, and saving the file into an mp3 with good quality. The rest is up to you and your creativity.

i know some about the mixer and mixing tracks, i know how to assign patternss a channel, i never understand automation though.
(04-29-2011, 05:04 PM)Psychosis Wrote: [ -> ]i know some about the mixer and mixing tracks, i know how to assign patternss a channel, i never understand automation though.

Automation is a huge part to creating a track because it's the basic fundamental for your transitions between different parts of the song. They allow for much smoother transitions too.
Like Infinity said, FL studios is the best despite its complication.
(05-05-2011, 06:11 AM)harris21 Wrote: [ -> ]Like Infinity said, FL studios is the best despite its complication.

Other music production programs like Reason are way more complicated than FL Studio. FL is probably the easiest to learn.
Abelton is good though. I'd say it's one of the best programs for creating music
I am more into recording and editing that because I do metal and toiling can only really do good metal drums in FL studio.
Pages: 1 2